What's new

Trader Joe’s Market has Shave Soap. $4.49/tube.👍

Think this is a good deal, if you have Trader Joe’s near.

IMG_4594.jpeg
IMG_4595.jpeg

No I did not buy, but will as my stash runs low.

Tube looks similar to another brand. Only one sent.

I tried it a while back. I was not impressed. It did work for me. I was disappointed because I am a big fan of Trader Joes. Not saying it's terrible, just that I would but it again.

Are you asking if it's a good deal or endorsing it as a good deal?

Please don't endorse it if you haven't tried it first hand and had success with it. $5 is $5. You always post about being frugal. If it's crap (sounds like it based on previous post), I'd rather have the $5 in my wallet.

If you are asking if it's a good deal, I'd pass and buy $5 worth of Trader Joe's Scandinavian Swimmers. Those I recommend and endorse first hand.

PS...this is also a cream, not a soap :wink2:

Last edited:
Are you asking if it's a good deal or endorsing it as a good deal?

Please don't endorse it if you haven't tried it first hand and had success with it. $5 is $5. You always post about being frugal. If it's crap (sounds like it based on previous post), I'd rather have the $5 in my wallet.

If you are asking if it's a good deal, I'd pass and buy $5 worth of Trader Joe's Scandinavian Swimmers. Those I recommend and endorse first hand.

PS...this is also a cream, not a soap :wink2:
Your nit picking I did not it was anything, I said I think deal at $.49, meaning asking question. If you read post above your, member who has used made comment on their expierence with product. $4.49 is nice price point if stuff works well or even OK. IMHO

When I run low on stash I will try, if it is no good, I am out nothing, as Trader Jones stand behind what they sell. Bring Back with Receipt, you get refund. Who else does this?

Your nit picking I did not it was anything, I said I think deal at $.49, meaning asking question. If you read post above your, member who has used made comment on their expierence with product. $4.49 is nice price point if stuff works well or even OK. IMHO

When I run low on stash I will try, if it is no good, I am out nothing, as Trader Jones stand behind what they sell. Bring Back with Receipt, you get refund. Who else does this?
I'm not bit picking.

You publicly posted this is a good deal but have no clue if it is or not. $5 is not a good deal if it sucks. Even if they give your money back, it's a waste of time and effort.

Buy it, try it and report back. Something inexpensive is not a good deal based on price alone.

There was no questions asked. You made a factual statement "Think this is a good deal, if you have Trader Joe’s near."

Last edited:
I'm not bit picking.

You publicly posted this is a good deal but have no clue if it is or not. $5 is not a good deal if it sucks. Even if they give your money back, it's a waste of time and effort.

But it, try it and report back. Something inexpensive is not a good deal based on price alone.

It's a good deal in my opinion, because of price. I have bought stuff twice the price I hated, being fair others love. The only way for anyone to know if anything is to their liking, is to try, taste, or expierence it.

You're sort of remind me of girl friend born Germany, we go to Disneyland, I said you like Disneyland? Her reply is we have better things in Germany. To her everything was better in Germany, I said then go home when you 21, and can pay your way back to your Utopia.

Respectfully, I may have a suggestion to offer. It's very nice of you to find deals, new finds, new stores, questions, etc., with the whole community. However, I don't feel you need to make a new thread for every good deal, new find, new store, store questions, price comparisons, etc. I think it would be better if you made a journal or a single thread, and maybe called it "DesertIguana's Finds, Discoveries, and Questions" or something like that. You could post all of your discoveries in an organized manner.

Maybe I'm out of line, but this is how I would approach my communication of such manners. I feel it may be better received by the community as well and it could be a nice one-stop place to gather helpful information and stimulate numerous conversations instead of having several short and broken ones scattered throughout the forums.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Respectfully, I may have a suggestion to offer. It's very nice of you to find deals, new finds, new stores, questions, etc., with the whole community. However, I don't feel you need to make a new thread for every good deal, new find, new store, store questions, price comparisons, etc. I think it would be better if you made a journal or a single thread, and maybe called it "DesertIguana's Finds, Discoveries, and Questions" or something like that. You could post all of your discoveries in an organized manner.

Maybe I'm out of line, but this is how I would approach my communication of such manners. I feel it may be better received by the community as well and it could be a nice one-stop place to gather helpful information and stimulate numerous conversations instead of having several short and broken ones scattered throughout the forums.
That sounds like a good idea, hopefully Mr Lizard takes heed.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Not everyone’s cup of tea, but I have used this Trader Joe’s non-lathering honey mango cream for shower shaving for years. Great for cleaning up the back of my neck. Big fan at this price point.

Not everyone’s cup of tea, but I have used this Trader Joe’s non-lathering honey mango cream for shower shaving for years. Great for cleaning up the back of my neck. Big fan at this price point.

Well apparently you're happy with product, I was looking for body soap I buy because I do not break out from it. Saw the Shave stuff, took photo because of price. Thought it might be good deal. When I run low on stuff I use, I will buy and try. Most products Trader Joes sell are good.

It's also not a real shaving cream, but a mix of detergents or surfactants. I would not use this for shaving, maybe washing oily/greasy hands.

I actually have this product From Trader Joe’s and it works as well as Cremo for me. Do you know if it’s equivalent to Cremo?

I use Cremo or this TJ product when I’m in a rush (which isn’t very often), but I’ve always wondered if they’re good for the skin. I’m no chemist, but detergents and surfactants don’t seem like ideal ingredients for shaving.

Top Bottom