Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Shaving Creams' started by Stan, Jul 30, 2012.
What are your top three scents of shaving soaps and/or creams?
1) DR Harris Arlington cream 2) CF Lime (or Lavender), 3) Acqua di Parma, or DR Harris Rose cream.
I have to make it a Top 5
1. Acqua Di Parma - essentually Acqua Di Parma Colonia in a shaving cream. Some thinks this smells fishy, I don't get that at all. I get a lovely old school barber shop smell mixed with an old school citrus scent.
2. Castle Forbes Lime - even though the shaving performance and lather quality I get from both my CF's are actually no longer in my Top 10, the Lime scent in this is just phenomenal !
3. Tie between AOS Lemon and AOS Sandalwood. The sandalwood is the best and most natural smelling and take on real sandalwood. The lemon scent is just lemon done right.
4. Tie Between DR Harris Arlington and DR Harris Windsor. Arlington smells just great of smoky citrus, Windsor is grape fruit and vetiver, just like Terre D'Hermés fragrance.
5. Tie Between Penhaligon Opus 1870 and Penhaligon Blenheims Bouquet. Blenheims Bouquet is just a nice old school spicy citrus and Opus 1870 is a sour sandalwood mixed with pepper and a rose note. Great stuff
Worthy of mention: Proraso Red, Speick, AOS Lavender & CF Lavender, TOBS Jermyn Street, TF&H 1850, TF&H Grafton and Acca Kappa 1869.
DR Harris Arlington (herbal, citrus)
Cella (sweet almond/marzipan)
1. EJ Sandalwood
2. TOBS Jermyn St.
3... About 15 soaps and creams fight for this spot.
mikes natural barbershop
Mystic Water rosalimone
1. Mystic Water Lily of the Valley.
2. Queen Charlotte Iced Cucumber Melon (custom, smells like delicious watermelon with a menthol kick).
3. RazoRock Mudder F (really grew on me after my initial impressions).
4. TOBS Sandalwood.
5. Lavender anything.
1. Pre de Provence soap
2. La Toja stick
3. TOBS sandalwood cream
TGR Black Ice
Based on scent alone:
1 - Tabac
2 - Mama Bear's Ye Olde Barbershoppe
3 - Rose scents in general (currently TOBS Rose cream & GFT Rose soap)
close behind - Windsor, have only tried the towelette so far though
Lavender is my all time fav scent for pretty much everything. My real list would be:
3. Whatever Proraso smells like
in no particular order:
Grafton, XXX, CF Lime and MdC / Dr Selby's
In no particular order :
QCS Iced Key Lime
1. AOS Sandalwood
2. C&E Sienna
3. TOBS Rose
TOBS Mr. Taylor
DR Harris Marlborough
Scent alone? Hmm...
AoS Lavender/T&H Trafalgar/CF Lime
2. vulfix sandalwood
3. musgo real
1. Qed Frankincense & Myrrh
2. Mama bears Brut
3. Klar Kabinett/ Tabac