What's new

Top ten shaving creams

:001_smile Thanks . I think I might find Nivea and Palmolive in some supermarkets here, otherwise I hope I can find some of them when I go to Vienna :001_smile I also forgot to mention Aro shaving cream which is found in Metro Cash and Carry and I've heard really good stuff about it. By the way has anyone here tried the Hungarian made Barbon? And what about the other creams made by Caola-Alfa , in particular Derby and Figaro? While my father was in Austria I told him to stop by in Budapest to get my a Derby but he said he couldn't find it:mad3:

I've tried Derby (all four scents). The performance is usable, but below average. The scents are quite synthetic in nature -- think cleaning products. I haven't yet tried Barbon, but folks can get it here in the U.S. via shaving essentials -- I know that John gave some away for the carnival this year. The Barbon AS is supposedly heavy on the cooling factor -- something else I need to try!

I've tried Derby (all four scents). The performance is usable, but below average. The scents are quite synthetic in nature -- think cleaning products. I haven't yet tried Barbon, but folks can get it here in the U.S. via shaving essentials -- I know that John gave some away for the carnival this year. The Barbon AS is supposedly heavy on the cooling factor -- something else I need to try!

Oh so I don't regret not getting a Derby :001_smile thank you on your opinion. Barbon is decent , I haven't found it to be cooling like the aftershave. Oh and I saw the thread on the Barbon AS and was astounded by the price. I really can't believe it costs 9$ as in supermarkets here it costs around 3 levs or approximately 1.50 euros. I have to try it too.

In no particular order...

Santa Maria Novella
Musgo Real
Penhaligons' Blenheim Bouquet (old formulation)
Trumper's Rose (old formulation)
La Toja
Ingram
Acqua di Parma
Domenico Caraceni (so-so performance, scent gets it on the list)
Xpec (ibid)

1) Santa Maria Novella
2) Trumper Lime
3) t&h Ultimate Comfort
4) The Body Shop Maca Root
5) T&H West Indian Limes
6) The Real Shaving Company Sensitive Skin
7) C.O. Bigelow
8) Kiss My Face Key Lime
9) T&H 1805
10) Trumper Coconut

In no order:

Trumper Coconut
Olivia's (tried three, performance all the same, currently have only the Myrhh)
Cella (cream, soap, whatever)
Speick
T&H Trafalgar
KMF Limes

I don't use creams as often but I love Tayolor of Old Bond over T&H.

TOBS
-Avocado
-Rose
-Lavender

D.R. Harris
-Arlington
-Marlborough

Musgo Real

T&H
-Rose
-Lavender

Last edited:
No particular order.

Santa Maria Novella
Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet
Penhaliigon Castile (no longer made) maybe my fav...
Trumper's Rose
Trumper's Coconut
Acqua di Parma
Proraso

_____

• Speick
  • CO Bigelow / Proraso
  • Irisch Moos
  • Musgo Real
  • C&E Sienna
  • ToBS St. James Place
  • Old Spice (Indian)
  • Wars

Oh so I don't regret not getting a Derby :001_smile thank you on your opinion. Barbon is decent , I haven't found it to be cooling like the aftershave. Oh and I saw the thread on the Barbon AS and was astounded by the price. I really can't believe it costs 9$ as in supermarkets here it costs around 3 levs or approximately 1.50 euros. I have to try it too.

I suspect that maybe you meant this
proxy.php

From Hungary

and that Gruder meant this?
proxy.php

From Turkey

Last edited:
Oh Carp! I don't think I've used 10 creams yet...what kind of SCAD is that?! of the perhaps 8 I have, I'm going with either: Wesley & Scott lime, or TOBS Barbershop. Whichever didn't take top spot is #2, with Salter's vetiver comming in 3rd.

Musgo Real
J.M. Fraser's
Jake's Sport
Palmolive Classic
Palmolive Refreshing Lemon
Kiss My Face Cool Mint
Kiss My Face Fragrance Free
Speick
Body Shop (old formula)
Trumper's Coconut Oil

TOBS Almond, Avocado, Lavender.
Trumper's Coconut, Limes, Sandalwood.
J.M. Fraser's Original, with Jake's Sport in transit.

Top Shelf:
T&H 1805
Penhaligon's Castile
C-F Lime
T&H Ultimate Comfort

followed by
Nancy Boy
and others

My favorite:

My Time Bath & Body Menthol 10/10

Others:

Geo. F Trumper's Violet
Speick
Irisch Moos
Santa Maria Novella
Taylor of Old Bond Street Avocado

My Top Ten (in no particular order):

1.) GFT Extract of West Indian Limes
2.) GFT Extract of West Indian Limes
3.) GFT Extract of West Indian Limes
4.) GFT Extract of West Indian Limes
5.) GFT Extract of West Indian Limes
6.) GFT Extract of West Indian Limes
7.) GFT Extract of West Indian Limes
8.) GFT Extract of West Indian Limes
9.) GFT Extract of West Indian Limes
10.) GFT Extract of West Indian Limes

In all seriousness I think GFT, T&H, Speick, Musgo Real, Castle Forbes, ToBS (value) and AdP (fantastic shave don't care much for the scent) are all great options.

I agree with many of the excellent creams mentioned so far but I'm amazed no one has mentioned Nancy boy, it's number one with a lot of people, including me.

Top Bottom