What's new

Top EDC Tactical Flashlights…

Looking for some options here.

Looking closely at the Nitecor P20ix or P23i, and the Olight Warrior 3S.

Any others? What is your favourite?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Are you planning on carrying it in a belt holster or in your pocket. All of those lights are roughly 5.5 inches long which, for me, is right at the threshold of comfortable pocket carry. Especially if you have other things in your pocket.

Are you planning on carrying it in a belt holster or in your pocket. All of those lights are roughly 5.5 inches long which, for me, is right at the threshold of comfortable pocket carry. Especially if you have other things in your pocket.
I’m pretty dialled on Olight. Those are super impressive lights. Looking very closely now at the Warrior Mini 2 and the Warrior 3S. Hoping to carry it in my pocket.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Fenix has lots of high quality choices...

I'm also partial to Fenix. After years (close to 15) of carrying a Surefire defender I now carry a Fenix E12. The E12 uses a single AA battery so its small and comfortable to carry. I have yet to be in a situation where I felt that I needed more light than the E12 produces. My only gripe is the 3 click tail switch to change brightness levels can sometimes be a little finicky. I found that the Surefire was too bright for most situations and unless I was wearing baggy pants almost uncomfortable in the pocket when sitting. It was good for searching for pt's when we got a random "man down" call at 3am though. I now have larger flashlights in by truck, house, and man purse (my wife term) if I ever need to light something up 100yds away.

If you have access to dowel rod, I'd recommend cutting some using the same dimensions as the lights you're looking at and carrying them in your pocket for a few days. It's amazing the places that a flashlight will poke you when you sit down with one in your pocket.

I prefer Elzetta flashlights. I have and can recommend their Alpha and Charlie lights. They're reliable and bright. I've used Surefire for a very long time and I'm pretty happy with them as well. The Surefire EDCL2-T is one of my favorites when I travel and I have a G2Z Maxvision Combat on my nightstand right now. Another light that I use quite a bit is Zebralight - all their handhelds are great. I typically stay away from programmable lights but I've had this one for many years. They're bigger, but I like Streamlight Stingers, especially the Stinger 2020. It's powerful, simple and has been reliable.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I use a Fenix PD35. They have tactical flashlights as well. I've given PD35 flashlights to my wife and two sons.

and after quite a bit of searching, I use this belt holster:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Anyone have any experience with this little guy? Uses one AAA battery and ALMOST came home with me. EASILY could fit in my pocket. Thought I might buy one and duct tape it to my Ruger GP100 "under my pillow" gun.
IMG_20230120_181748641~2.jpg

Top Bottom