What's new

To experienced bay rum users

Right now on eeeeebay there is a 3 oz bottle of Avon's Bay Rum, expiring about 10.5 hours from the time of this post. It's starting at $4.99 with no bids yet; that's decent price for that size bottle. I'm stocked up on the stuff so I won't be bidding on this one.

If someone here with experience with the various modern BRs would snag it, I'd be interested to hear your expert review of it. The older BR Avon put out in the '60s, which I now have, is superior imo but this '80s era BR is not bad (the vanilla notes they added to this one take some getting used to, but my wife notices it and appreciates it).

If you win but don't like it, let me know and I'll buy it off you.

What, no Skin So Soft to keep the skeeters away?

I missed that one, but I'll keep an eye out for avon BR, and if I find it cheap I'll give it a whirl.

I bought an 80's Avon Bay Rum 3.0 oz. bottle (NOS) a week or so ago and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I'll let you know my impressions after.

So I've tried the Avon 1981 Bay Rum AS this morning.

What can I say? A crisp classic Bay Rum scent, somewhere between TOBS and Ogallala, with glicerin to soften one's skin.

Very good product, great decanter. It's a pity they don't do things like this anymore.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Thank you for rolling the dice on it! Am I wrong in detecting vanilla in it, or some similar scent on top of the BR? Vanilla is the closest I can come to describing it but it may be something else, that I've not noticed in any of the other brands I've tried. Thanks again

Thank you for rolling the dice on it! Am I wrong in detecting vanilla in it, or some similar scent on top of the BR? Vanilla is the closest I can come to describing it but it may be something else, that I've not noticed in any of the other brands I've tried. Thanks again

My pleasure :001_smile

I couldn't smell any vanilla notes, but I'm not sure if my sniffing abilities are up to the task.
Anyway, it's a great Bay Rum AS!

Top Bottom