What's new

…tips on lathering proraso?

I just got my first ever tub of proraso (red) and I’m just wondering if it is any different to bowl lather than hard soaps, i.e. Tabac or Col Conk?

I like using a little more water with Proraso than with Tabac or Arko, for example. But, beside that, nothing special about lathering it.

This works well. For me personally I have found that it is more thirsty then other soaps. Or maybe that is just me not being experienced with soaps. I have found when trying out new soaps play around with it in a bowl or mug. What ever you prefer or have around cheap. Just figure out where the breaking point is. Then you will have a general idea of water to soap ratio.

I just tried the Marco method for the first time with the Proraso. I ended up with too much water to begin with which affected the outcome. Interestingly, the brush I used was my Vie-Long 12750 horse hair. I soaked it for a few minutes and when I took it out of the mug and held it upside down, NO water came out. That Vie-Long really holds water! Anyway I've already got a pretty good idea of how the Proraso lathers. And I LOVE the scent!!

Thanks very much for your post! :001_smile

I find I never have an issue with soaps if I allow enough time and a little water. Just a couple of drops in the tub and a damp brush should do.
When I face lather these days I do it with an Omega S-Brush - surprisingly efficient, comfortable, has enough backbone for the job and 'cheap as chips'.

Top Bottom