What's new

Timeless Bronze Razor

Can't say I'm a fan actually, but then I'm not really a bronze fan either. Mine is looking brighter that when I received it, evidently the daily wipe dry is enough to keep it looking new.

I now have extensive experience with this razor so I'll comment. I ordered this within 5 minutes of the email when it was released, well over a month ago and have used it daily since for face and head shaves. My only other razor is the .68 SB Timeless. It took about a week to get the angle nailed down but since then I get BBS in 2 passes with a few touchups in my weird spots. It combines efficiency and smoothness (mild) flawlessly. My BBS lasts just as long as when I shave with a more agressive razor.

It was stated and discussed a page back or so, do not be fooled by the .38 blade gap, it's misleading. This is an absolutely gorgeous razor that is heafty but balanced at the same time. At 120 bucs it's a steal imo.

I now have extensive experience with this razor so I'll comment. I ordered this within 5 minutes of the email when it was released, well over a month ago and have used it daily since for face and head shaves. My only other razor is the .68 SB Timeless. It took about a week to get the angle nailed down but since then I get BBS in 2 passes with a few touchups in my weird spots. It combines efficiency and smoothness (mild) flawlessly. My BBS lasts just as long as when I shave with a more agressive razor.

It was stated and discussed a page back or so, do not be fooled by the .38 blade gap, it's misleading. This is an absolutely gorgeous razor that is heafty but balanced at the same time. At 120 bucs it's a steal imo.

Can you compare/contrast the Bronze with the .68? I'm not asking for an essay* but just a few quick bullet points? I've been planning to buy myself a .68 for a while, but I've put it off to read more about the Bronze. I don't mind spending more if it's worth it, but I also don't mind spending less if I can.

*unless you want to write an essay, haha.

Ok, I've only ever used 1 razor at a time but I have used all the usual suspects. I've been deciding which I like better and I'm leaning towards letting my .68 setup go. I use and own only 1 blade, Gillette Platinum.

I do like heavier razors, I've always been in the mechanical field and we have a saying, let the tool do the work. Heavier razors I just have to guide, no pressure. Points for both Timeless here

I do not like agressive razors, I don't need to feel my top 3 layers of skin being shorn, points for both here (.68 and Bronze I mean)

I have owned and used the Gillette Tech, mild which I like but not efficient. Perhaps too mild. I have found my sweet spot around the Timeless Bronze to the Timeless .68 SB I own. The two razors have efficiency in common but neither shaves like the blade gap would imply. The reason I have taken so long to decide which I like better is I really like them both.

The Bronze may get the nod simply because it causes zero irritation. I would occasionally get some with the .68 SB if I was having an off night but it was rare. I have never had irritation with the Bronze other then 1 shave and it was a crappy soap issue not the razor.

I cant give a definitive this is better because I am leaning one way on a personal prefrence. If the Bronze wasnt released I'd be happily using my .68 and visa versa. Neither is agressive overall imo, but 1 is a touch more agressive than the other relatively speaking. Hope this helps

Very excellent, @DEdestroyer77 thanks for taking the time. That addresses the exact things I was wondering about, even down to the comparison to the Tech, which I had asked about in one of these threads.

I know it's all personal preference, but sometimes you read something that just grooves with what you're thinking, you know?

I hear you, sometimes you just want to hear things put a certain way.

1 other thing I thought of, I have never had a clogging issue with either, but more specifically the Bronze because of the smaller gap. Daily or near daily face and head shaves

I cant give a definitive this is better because I am leaning one way on a personal prefrence. If the Bronze wasnt released I'd be happily using my .68 and visa versa. Neither is agressive overall imo, but 1 is a touch more agressive than the other relatively speaking. Hope this helps

I've been wondering which of these two razors I might like better, so thanks for your comparison. Am I correct in inferring that the .68 was the slightly more aggressive of the two?

The Bronze is very mild, almost no blade feel. It’s a good shaver and pretty efficient once you learn the angle but I returned it as it just didn’t handle my neck as well as I’d like and would give me slight irritation there, which I don’t get with the Wolfman. The Bronze is in the top 3 for me

1) Wolfman .53
2) Charcoal Goods Level 1
3) Timeless Bronze

It’s a great razor, I’m just getting picky as I like being a one razor guy even though I have a want for a 2nd razor. Just like my soaps I’m cutting that down to just Stirling and to 5-6 scents. I love the look of the Bronze razor, although I wish the handle had more grip to it, I mostly notice this after the shave when taking the blade out. I think anyone that likes the .68 would like this razor, I believe it’s fairly similar from what I can remember but the Bronze does an excellent job in tight spots like the upper lip, it’s as good as my Wolfman here.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
this has been a great discussion and I appreciate all the info too. thanks @DEdestroyer77 too for your input. I've been thinking about this one since the release date and held off due to not being a fan of patina (but not thinking thats such a big deal). as to the aggressiveness, I dont want to beat a dead horse but is the consensus that the bronze and .68 sb are about the same aggressiveness?

I an a little surprised to see that bronze is at about a rockwell 2-3? @TheKman ? I guess I am making the connection that if the bronze and the .68 sb are close in aggression - then we are talking about a rockwell 2-3? I must have a baby face or something but Ive got the .68 open comb and to me thats no way even close to a 2-3. I know there is a sb / oc distinction here but just trying to sort it out as my rad is increasing.....

this has been a great discussion and I appreciate all the info too. thanks @DEdestroyer77 too for your input. I've been thinking about this one since the release date and held off due to not being a fan of patina (but not thinking thats such a big deal). as to the aggressiveness, I dont want to beat a dead horse but is the consensus that the bronze and .68 sb are about the same aggressiveness?

I an a little surprised to see that bronze is at about a rockwell 2-3? @TheKman ? I guess I am making the connection that if the bronze and the .68 sb are close in aggression - then we are talking about a rockwell 2-3? I must have a baby face or something but Ive got the .68 open comb and to me thats no way even close to a 2-3. I know there is a sb / oc distinction here but just trying to sort it out as my rad is increasing.....
I've never used a Rockwell so I can't comment on that.

The .68 Timeless has a little blade feel but not what one would expect at seeing .68. The Bronze has virtually no blade feel but you do get some audible feedback. To answer your question I feel they are similar in agressiveness but the .68 SB is definitely a little more agressive than the Bronze. I compared earlier to a Tech because while I felt the Tech is certainly mild, it's efficiency is lacking vs the Bronze where I feel it is certainly mild but efficient. Imo they are both very efficient razors and both shave on the mild/efficient side, meaning the .68 and Bronze.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I've never used a Rockwell so I can't comment on that.

The .68 Timeless has a little blade feel but not what one would expect at seeing .68. The Bronze has virtually no blade feel but you do get some audible feedback. To answer your question I feel they are similar in agressiveness but the .68 SB is definitely a little more agressive than the Bronze. I compared earlier to a Tech because while I felt the Tech is certainly mild, it's efficiency is lacking vs the Bronze where I feel it is certainly mild but efficient. Imo they are both very efficient razors and both shave on the mild/efficient side, meaning the .68 and Bronze.
thanks!
makes sense. I have the .68 oc so I am assuming that thats a tad more aggressive or blade feel compared to the sb.

I'm becoming quite confident with the Bronze now and I reckon this:

Timeless SS .68 SB = Rockwell 6S plate #4
Timeless Bronze .38 = Rockwell 6S plate #2

Obviously this doesn't tell the whole story, the Bronze is a slightly different beast in many ways, however these two Timeless razors represent the spectrum of 'agressiveness' that I can work with. The SS needs a careful touch with a more forgiving blade while the Bronze can sustain an easy and fairly care-free shave with a sharper blade.

If you're having success with a .68 OC I'm thinking the Bronze may not be a good choice. *shrugs*

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I'm becoming quite confident with the Bronze now and I reckon this:

Timeless SS .68 SB = Rockwell 6S plate #4
Timeless Bronze .38 = Rockwell 6S plate #2

Obviously this doesn't tell the whole story, the Bronze is a slightly different beast in many ways, however these two Timeless razors represent the spectrum of 'agressiveness' that I can work with. The SS needs a careful touch with a more forgiving blade while the Bronze can sustain an easy and fairly care-free shave with a sharper blade.

If you're having success with a .68 OC I'm thinking the Bronze may not be a good choice. *shrugs*
thanks
I have been tormenting myself all day over this RAD in full swing
now im looking at charcoal goods...ugh

I think the Bronze is less aggressive than the 68, I get fewer weepers with the Bronze but always get a BBS after 3 passes.

Top Bottom