What's new

🧑‍🚀🌝🪐💫☄️ This week’s SOTD thread March 25th to Sunday 31st March theme is Space Week. 🛰️🛸🚀📡🌞

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday, March 26
IMG_9612.jpeg

Art of Shaving Sandalwood :behead:~~Simpson CH2~~Gillette New SC/Sharp Star~~Lavande 44
IMG_9195.jpeg

Have a great day!

5AFD958A-EB25-4D15-8A7D-8FB94BC27DDC.jpeg
SOTD: 03/26/2024

Razor: Henson ++
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Yellow, 1st use
Brush: Riva Badger
Bowl: Naked Armor Silver Fox Scuttle Mug
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Chocolate Cube Soap
Soap: MacDuff’s Soap Company Badlands Croap
Aftershave: Moon Soaps Amaretto Specials Aftershave
Balm: Moon Soaps Amaretto Specials Balm
Additional Care: Thayers Facial Toner Witch Hazel Coconut Water

- Shared from My Shave Den for iOS

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_0820.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Badger and Blade LE Boar Brush.
2) Turkey: Shaving Soap Derby.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) England: Razor Blade Vintage Wilkinson Sword The Light Brigade Chromium blade.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Adidas Ice Dive.

Steel: The Foundation for the Leap Into Space

Razor: Carbon Shaving Cx-316L
Blade: Feather Hi_stainless
Brush: Yaqi Gemini Silvertip Bader
Bowl: Naked Armor Steel Scuttle
Preshave: Rockwell Preshave Oil (Rockwell was responsible for manufacturing key components such as the Saturn V rocket engines that propelled Apollo astronauts to the moon, the Space Shuttle orbiters, and their main engines.)
Soap: Wholly Kaw Bare Siero (from the phrase “naked” steel)
Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Bare Naked (also from the phrase “naked” steel)

Steel has played a vital role in space exploration, contributing significantly to the construction of spacecraft and satellites. Steel's durability, strength, and resistance to extreme conditions make it essential for various components used in space missions. In rocket construction, steel provides structural integrity during liftoff, withstanding the intense forces exerted during launch and navigating through Earth's atmosphere and beyond. Additionally, steel's resilience to extreme temperatures makes it ideal for withstanding the harsh conditions of space travel, from the frigid voids to the searing heat of atmospheric re-entry. Moreover, steel shields are crucial in protecting satellites from space debris and providing a protective layer that absorbs the impact of potential collisions, ensuring the longevity and functionality of these vital space assets. Steel's durability and resistance to extreme temperatures have made it an indispensable material in advancing humanity's understanding of the cosmos and shaping our journey beyond Earth.

Steel had its beginnings in the ancient lands of India, where metalworkers toiled over fiery furnaces, crafting a revolutionary material that would change the course of human history. Around 400 BC, these skilled artisans invented a smelting method that bonded the perfect amount of carbon to iron, creating the first true steel. Using clay crucibles, they melded wrought iron with charcoal bits, infusing the metal with carbon to produce ingots of pure steel known as "wootz steel."

The fame of Indian steel spread far and wide, reaching Damascus where Syrian smiths forged legendary Damascus steel swords, sharp enough to cut feathers in midair. From India to Toledo, Spain, the marvel of steel traveled, shaping swords for the Roman army and earning a reputation as Seric steel from Abyssinian traders who cunningly misled Rome about its origins.

As centuries passed and empires rose and fell, Europe lagged in iron and steel production until the dawn of the modern era. In Catalonia, Spain, ironworkers developed furnaces akin to those in India, producing wrought iron in abundance. The age-old craft of extracting iron ore from the earth evolved into a sophisticated process tempered by rituals to appease higher powers.

Amidst these advancements, Sir Henry Bessemer emerged as the "Father of Steel" in 19th-century England. His groundbreaking innovations, such as the Bessemer converter, revolutionized steel production, enabling large-scale manufacturing and purification of steel. The industrial age witnessed a surge in steel's utility across diverse applications.

Fast forward to the space age, where humanity's quest for the stars demanded materials of unparalleled strength and resilience. Steel emerged as a stalwart companion in space exploration, providing structural integrity for rockets hurtling through Earth's atmosphere and beyond. Its durability shielded satellites from space debris and extreme temperatures encountered in orbit.

In the dynamic realm of space technology, steel continued to evolve alongside human ingenuity. Lightweight alloys and advanced coatings enhanced its performance in spacecraft design, optimizing fuel efficiency and ensuring durability in the cosmic void. The odyssey of steel intertwined with humanity's cosmic aspirations, propelling us towards a future where steel remains an enduring element in our journey beyond Earth.

From ancient forges to modern spacecraft construction, the evolution of steel mirrors humanity's relentless pursuit of progress and discovery. As we gaze towards the stars, let us remember that within every gleaming spacecraft and towering skyscraper lies a testament to the enduring legacy of steel – a material that has shaped civilizations and propelled us towards new frontiers in space and beyond.

20240326_110217.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wednesday, March 27th 2024

Razor : Razorock Lupo.72 2nd generation - Mfg 2021>, mid range. Perfect razor for my razor rotation and checks all the boxes for what I like to use. Excellent machining and finish QC with a nice efficiency range. The scalloped safety bar is a good idea for lather flow. Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : GSB (1) sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity. One of my favorites!
Soap : Razorock "The Dead Sea", nice unique addictive scented soap with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Lucky dice" 26mm brown whiskers synthetic fan knot. Excellent lather generator, luxury heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Large handle and excellent knot makes for great lathering.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock The Dead Sea with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had another stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my RR Lupo.72 with a fresh GSB blade. Must be a weather change because my shaves lately have been awesome and my skin is in good shape also, great shave with one of my favorite razors .
SOTD March 27 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Wednesday Morning Walkabout

Sixth use of the Kai blade and it has really smoothed out. I like this Yaqi handle on the ATT head.
It gives the razor a better balance point. Overall a superb shave.

Above The Tie SE2 Razor - Yaqi Blue Handle
Kai Captain Pink Mild Blade (6X)
Brown Acrylic Handle Pure Badger Brush
Taylor of Old Bond Street Royal Forest
Apex Alchemy Splash Mix

Gillette Cool Wave Aftershave

C70CB08F-48CE-4611-8E39-1EBD011A3EB2-compressed.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom