What's new

Thinking about a high end PCP Airgun

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
How big is the reservoir on your Daystate, how many shots per fill and how many refills do you get out of an 88 C.F. tank?

IIRC the cylinder is around 170cc. I usually fill after about 80 shots though it will shoot more without falling off. This particular iteration of Mk3 is regulated - not all of them are. I get more than 60 fills out of the 88 C.F. tank, but I don't have a positively accurate count. Guaranteed at least 60 though. I was tracking in a notebook one time but I know I forgot to mark down some of the fills.

If you can find a used scuba tank, and a dive shop that will fill it for you, you can get many refills before getting the scuba tank refilled. Our junior shooters program at my shooting club uses FWB PCP match rifles. One scuba tank keeps 5 rifles shooting for months.

One bug a boo with SCUBA tanks is they generally fill to 3k PSI. Many guns including the AA nortac is buying fill to higher. The AA fills to ~ 3.6k and I have a gun that fills to almost 4.4k.

This means that you can't fill the gun to max, and you are probably missing out on a section of your optimal shot string in an unregulated gun. You are definitely missing out on shot count. The 510 is a field target gun, so folks want a gun that can shoot a match without needing a fill. Also, I've always paid for a fill... you pay the same price to fill a tank to 4.5k as you do for 3k

On the other hand, used SCUBA tanks can be had pretty cheap compared to SCBA tanks.

Well done nortac. I'm looking forward to hearing how you like it.

Just so I'm sure... I did invite you to Kalamazoo to shoot with my club? I could probably arrange an opportunity to shoot the 510 (an older unregulated one) and definitely to shoot my Kalibrgun Cricket and Condor.

My Cricket does not have enough scope for 100 yards, but it's definitely capable.

My Condor does quite well at 100 yards and even though it’s unregulated it is single digits with a string of ~ 15 shots.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Well it's not done yet. Yes @Kzoorichie , you did invite me and I appreciate that, but I'm probably not making any trips to MI anytime soon. I would definitely only buy a tank that could be filled to 4.5K. I'm much pretty set on the regulated AA S510 Ultimate Sporter.

The 510 is nice, I considered it when I got my Cricket. At that time the 510 was not regulated.

My hand was tipped by the regulator and the fact that a buddy owned a Cricket. Also, I got a good discount on my Cricket. Talon Tunes had one gun at a steep discount; I missed it but he still sold me one at a nice price.

I've always really liked AA guns. Very very nice looking and shooting guns. I'm sure you will really like it.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Also, I've always paid for a fill... you pay the same price to fill a tank to 4.5k as you do for 3k

On the other hand, used SCUBA tanks can be had pretty cheap compared to SCBA tanks.

I'm sure you know this, as much as you shoot, but try the local Fire Dept. They always filled my scuba tanks for free. They have a compressor for their scba tanks. YMMV though.

I need to get my steel 80 hydroed and inspected and go diving again this summer. You don't need near as much weight on your belt or BC pocket using a steel tank.

CARDIO!!!
Screenshot_20180801-151534_Dolphin.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

My brother has a high-end air rifle and scope (forget the make, but it was not cheap). They are accurate and a lot of fun. I don't think you would have any problem hunting small game with one.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Well they keep pushing back the availability date of the AA rifle I want to get, that's OK, short of cash right now anyways.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Well I've gone and done it! Order placed for gun, scope and tank. SWMBO will be less than enthusiastic.

AD3EFD52-A7A6-48DE-9E1F-DBE5130ACD4B.jpeg
E445464B-052B-462C-9667-90AF532710BB.jpeg

Nothing more fun than a new rifle, unless it’s a new pistol.
I picked this squirrel eliminator up yesterday. Strictly a hunting machine. Sighting will indeed be MOS-“minute of squirrel”.

Top Bottom