What's new

These stones sure can get pretty.

Sebastian (Doorsch) bought a small stone from UK a couple hours ago that I'm 80-90% sure is another of these, so hopefully he'll be able to comment on it when it arrives.

Got that stone you mentioned today....iam not shure if this is comparable ...iam shure its not a Coticule and in a certain way its comoarable to the other greenish stone i own...

The stone looks to me like a light green/olive tone with kind of lightbrown/beige swirls...or the other way around....
proxy.php

proxy.php

I created a slurry with a DMT it took me around 30sec. Until the slurry was created.
proxy.php

Several laps (30) with a Kitchen knife and slurry seems to work quite fast...
proxy.php

So, I'm up to ten of these Pierre D'Italia aka Sud Ouest aka Whatevers.

Snagged a couple more from a French eBay'er who sold them as coticules.

And I've got an 11'th coming.

Fun little stones. Still pretty hard to find, makes me want to take a flea marketing trip through SW France. I did let one of them go to another B&B'er awhile back. It will be missed.

Left to Right:
First one. Several years ago. UK eBay as unknown stone. I bought it thinking it was/hoping for a coticule.
Second. A few years back. B&B classifieds as a coticule.
Third. A few years back UK eBay. Seller asked me to ID it, he thought it was a Coti. I Told him I thought it was one of these mystery stones and then bought it.
Missing. Fourth one. Now in another members hands. US eBay. Seller labeled it a Charnley.
Fifth one. Bought in a lot eBay US.
Sixth one. eBay Spain. Seller thought it was a coti. Cost me a bit since people were bidding on it thinking it was Les Lat. Seller had another similar one listed concurrently that got too expensive for me. :(
Seventh one. Lot. eBay US.
Eighth. eBay, France I think.
Ninth. eBay UK.
Tenth and Eleventh. Newest Acquisitions. eBay France. Same seller. One was a "coticule" and the other a "coticule?"

Second pic is number 4.

Attachments

• $IMG_20160131_022510074.jpg
    $IMG_20160131_022510074.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 93
  • $gonepierresudoest.jpg
    $gonepierresudoest.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Top Bottom