What's new

There are still some Great Deals on E-Bay!

The prices on E-Bay seem to be going up as of late. I was watching this Auction, which went for the low low price of $17 for:

2 Old Spice Mugs
1 Vintage Brush
1 Vintage puck of Williams
1 Ball End Tech
1 Blue Tip Superspeed
1 Fatboy
1 vintage blade container

proxy.php

proxy.php

Holy Crap!! :thumbup1::thumbup1: So yes, good deals can still be occasionally found.

I was not the winner on this, simply because I have been trying to watch my purchases, and didn't need it that badly.

This auction was also a great example of the snipping services at work, as there were no bids at all until the final day, and then the bids jumped from $4.24 to $17.00 in the last 30 seconds of the auction. I bid $10 in the last minute of the auction, but was of course outbid by the Snipers.

Hopefully the person who won this auction realizes that there was a Fatboy in the lot!!

Last edited:
A couple of really nice british tech in great condition with cases and blades have cropped up on e bay uk of late and not even 1 bid at 99p and have not sold, i was tempted but have no need of these.

I got a Flair Tip Super Speed for $6.50 with shipping. It was really dirty, but just needed some scrubbing.

OTOH, I saw a Super Speed with amazing pictures for for $50.00+.

I still get lots of good deals there. But not always. I think my best still might've been one of my first lot purchases back in Sept., a '47 Super Speed, a '22 Big Fellow, a GEM Micromatic, a ball handled Tech and a Star handle/Old Type Frankenrazor. $25.89 (plus $6 shipping).

The Super Speed hardly even needed cleaning and is in fantastic shape. I was so new at this, I had no idea what the others even were (I was hunting Super Speeds). The only one that took any real amount of time to clean up was the Big Fellow. Ah, September. :001_rolle Those were the good 'ol days... :biggrin:

Got this Aristocrat and 2 blade cases for $21 a couple weeks ago. After a good cleaning with some scrubbing bubbles and a soak in the ultrasonic it came out in almost mint condition. Thought it was a good find. It's an even better shave!

I still get lots of good deals there. But not always. I think my best still might've been one of my first lot purchases back in Sept., a '47 Super Speed, a '22 Big Fellow, a GEM Micromatic, a ball handled Tech and a Star handle/Old Type Frankenrazor. $25.89 (plus $6 shipping).

The Super Speed hardly even needed cleaning and is in fantastic shape. I was so new at this, I had no idea what the others even were (I was hunting Super Speeds). The only one that took any real amount of time to clean up was the Big Fellow. Ah, September. :001_rolle Those were the good 'ol days... :biggrin:

Now I'm envious. The lowest eBay price I've paid was $7.74 shipped for a worn but shave-grade Micromatic. My Super Speeds cost an average of around $15 shipped, which doesn't seem too bad, but I could have done better I guess.

After I get *my* sample of a particular razor, I track similar ones on eBay for a while to see if I could have gotten a better deal with more patience. Frequently it seems that I could have.:blushing:

By the way, what the heck am I doing here? Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

Last edited:
I almost put in a bid on the OS mugs and Razors, but the wife has put a moratorium on me buying gifts for myself around the Holiday season.:lol:

I was buying Ols Spice mugs for $7-$8 for a while and all at once they jumped to $15-$18. Why?

I've been dealing (buy and sell) on ebay for years. You can expect a sizable jump in prices starting after Halloween up to December 18th or so because of on line Christmas shopping.

I don't think the seasonal reason is the whole story.

I'd guess it's good old supply and demand. Old Spice mugs, while not exactly rare, haven't been made for awhile. It's one of the most iconic items in all of traditional shaving, and sooner or later almost every guy who gets the bug thinks about getting a "real" shaving mug.

The brand is still current and marketed to the younger crowd. Even a kid who has no intention of using a brush and soap might want one to add some retro cool to the bathroom. I've learned on this thread that a lot of guys use Old Spice mugs for display or storing knickknacks.

I know, tho it is getting harder to find them. I am VERY pleased with my vintage Solingen Steel nos Upsal razor for just 10 bucks (starting bid). Glad you folks do not understand German and Dutch, otherwise I would not have pulled it off :laugh:

Did anyone ever think most of the bidders might be us and we are bidding against each other......:001_smile

This happens more than you think. I can honestly say that there have been about 10 auctions that T-Rick and I have been tracking at the same time. If I know it is something he really wants, I will back off though, and he has returned the favor as well.

This happens more than you think. I can honestly say that there have been about 10 auctions that T-Rick and I have been tracking at the same time. If I know it is something he really wants, I will back off though, and he has returned the favor as well.

I know. If I knew it was another member, I would too. It's a shame we can't know when it is someone we know.

Hopefully the person who won this auction realizes that there was a Fatboy in the lot!!

He does. :biggrin1:
I've been wanting more old spice mugs. I've got a faded out ship friendship here. I tried using colored sharpies to make it look nicer. It worked for the red lettering, but the ship looks smeary.

Last edited:
Top Bottom