What's new

The worst movie you ever watched.

I actually loved Frozen. Then again, I have a daughter who loves Disney, so we're the target demographic . . .

Hello Kitty home DVDs come to mind. If you thought Frozen was bad . . . allow me to show you the abyss. It wears pink.

I have a friend ( so called ) that knows I indulge in watching really bad movies because sometimes they can be hilariously funny. Do not under any circumstances, watch a movie called Gentleman Broncos. One of the most bizarre, life force sucking, films I have ever seen. I am certain my life span has been shortened by several years by forcing myself to watch this abortion in cinematography to the end. Consider yourself warned. I hereby absolve myself of all responsibility if you see this title and actively seek it out for viewing.

Rick

Just got done watching Moulin Rogue for the first time and I'm amazed at the praise it gets. It's just an absolute mess of a movie from start to finish. Worst movie I've watched in a long time.

I love bad movies, but one was just so bad. After 20 minutes I fast forwarded through the rest of it. Picked it up in a bargain bin for $1 and grossly overpaid.
Night of 1000 Cats. Absolute garbage.

"look up there..its a mail plane"
"how can you tell"?
"Can't you see its little balls?"

Wasn't El Guapo enough to make the movie for you (IMBD quote)?

• El Guapo: Jefe, you do not understand women. You cannot force open the petals of a flower. When the flower is ready, it opens itself up to you.
  • Jefe: So when do you think Carmen will open up her flower to you?
  • El Guapo: Tonight, or I will kill her!
And don't forget "Plethora of pinatas".

It's tough, only because the two I'm naming were truly horrid - I'll never get those hours of my life back.

1) Barfly (Mickey Rourke, Faye Dunaway). I walked out on it.

2) Vanilla Sky (Tom Cruise) I should have walked out.

All of the Nuk'em High series and Surf Nazis Must Die. Of course I saw them on VHS back in the day. Follow that up with Toxic Avenger and Attavk of the Killer Tomatoes.

So bad you must love them.

Whoa, I'm shocked that Big Lewbowski made it onto this thread. That is in my top five favs list. YMMV certainly applies to this thread. And as far as worst movies are concerned, I could write like thousands of words. Allow me to begin with Nicolas Cage, yeah...his National Treasure movies are not good. The next that come to my mind are the first two Hobbit movies. Oh my gosh, someone had the bright idea of watching both of them and then going to the theater to see the third, all in about the span of about 36 hours. About ten minutes into the first Hobbit movie I wanted to fake a heart attack to get out of the next 8.5 hours of Hobbit cinema. The first Hobbit movie may be the worst. However, the third Hobbit movie wasn't bad, it was worth watching.

Whoa, I'm shocked that Big Lewbowski made it onto this thread. That is in my top five favs list. YMMV certainly applies to this thread.
I finally saw The Big Lebowski for the first time a couple months ago. I was not impressed. I know its an iconic movie for my generation, but it just didn't do anything for me. I wouldn't put it on my worst movies list, but it really didn't live up to my expectations.

I probably would have liked it a lot more if I had seen it in the theaters when it first came out, and I was watching the 20th re-run.

To be fair, I wasn't paying super-close attention to it when it was on TV. I had a lot of other things going on in the house, but if the movie had been that good, I would have sat and watched it more intently.

I'll give it another chance to wow me the next time I catch it on TV. Hopefully, I'll be able to watch it uninterrupted this time, and it will leave a better impression next time around.

Transformers 4. I knew it would be bad, really bad, but for some reason I watched it. I wouldn't really call it a movie actually. More like an incoherent action based skit show. I guess it is possible that I've seen worse movies, but I may have erased them from my mind.

I finally saw The Big Lebowski for the first time a couple months ago. I was not impressed. I know its an iconic movie for my generation, but it just didn't do anything for me. I wouldn't put it on my worst movies list, but it really didn't live up to my expectations.

So I first watched it about seven years ago, a friend told me that I had to see it. When watching it I was somewhat confused, didn't really catch the dark humor, and had a hard time staying focused. I remember thinking, man, my friend has an odd taste in movies. I watched it again, and I began to understand. I watched it again, it was funnier, and I began to understand the odd roles that each of these three friends played. We've all got a friend who enjoys life like the Dude, and we've all got a friend who is as uptight and outspoken as Walter, and we've all got a friend who tries to fit in yet is loyal to his death like Donny.

Often the humor is subtle, e.g. when Walter pulls out his pistol at the bowling alley somebody calls the cops. But Walter doesn't seem to even care that they're calling the cops, they do however exit the bowling alley. And as they're at/in the car, debating pacifism the cops roll up in the background, and with their guns out they run into the bowling alley. Dude and Walter and still just barking at each other, no care about the cops…..this is funny.

The Big Lebowski is definitely one that you need to watch more than once to begin to understand it, a lot of dark/dry comedies are that way. I can think of Monty Python, and even some of Wes Anderson's stuff that have been this way for me.

The Dude abides.

Last edited:
"Donner Summit" is the worst movie I ever watched. I lived on the actual Donner Summit (where I-80 goes over the Sierras, just uphill from Truckee near Lake Tahoe, California), so naturally when it showed up at a local red box we had to rent it. Classic terrible horror movie, so bad it becomes a comedy: horrible plot, idiotic characters, not-so-scary scary guy, and the obligatory non sequitur nudity scene....actually, now that I think about it, maybe it wasn't THAT bad.

Anything involving Nicolas Cage and demons. Can't remember what it was called but started watching it on cable and it was so bad I just couldn't turn it off....

Nicolas and aliens was pretty awful too.

"Alien 3" was awful. I saw it in the theater as a teenager; me and a buddy nearly walked out.

"Avatar" was terrible. Bad acting, bad dialogue and he stole the plot from Kevin Costner. It's "Dances with Wolves" in space. They should have called it "Dances with Na'vi".

"Fast and Furious" - 90 minutes of my life, gone.

Top Bottom