What's new

The Wife Surprised me with Collar Stays

I don't post in the Haberdashery much, but my wife surprised me with a small gift yesterday and I was really tickled. She ordered some stainless collar stays for me that had her own personal message stamped on it. I just thought I would share. Have a great day guys and gals!

Collar Stays.jpg

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Nice!

I find metal collar stays to be superior to plastic, as they hold their line a lot better.

Some guys like to use silver or titanium ones instead of modest bronze-ish ones (like the ones that come with CT shirts, for example), the thought being that they get to have a "private" luxury in their wardrobe ... private because, well, nobody's going to know anything about your collar stays apart from you, and apart from whether or not your collars are actually staying. To me that seems a needless waste of $100 (or however much they end up spending for the diamond-encrusted collar stays.)

Now, having regular-metal stays ... but engraved with a sentiment from a loved one ... that are actually personally meaningful to the wearer ... well, that seems really cool.

My wife did the a similar thing for our anniversary two years ago. She got me copper stays with a message. I have a large number of steel ones in different sizes for the different collars so I didn't NEED them but, as simple as they are the gift couldn't have been more meaningful or thoughtful.

Nice to know another B&B guy is out there with personalized stays gifted to him by his wife. Very cool man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strop

Now half as wise
Now you can throw the plastic ones away! Just don't forget to take these out so they don't get lost in the laundry.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
That's cute. Romantic stuff like that makes a single guy like me smile in hope's that I can find a girl kind enough to put up with me one day. Thanks, for sharing, Don. :001_smile

strop

Now half as wise
Very nice, Don. My wife usually checks mine for lipstick stains.

Could someone explain what they do?

Collar stays fit into the pockets in the tips of shirt collars to keep them from curling. Shirts that need them usually come with plastic ones, but metal ones are better.

My wife did the a similar thing for our anniversary two years ago. She got me copper stays with a message. I have a large number of steel ones in different sizes for the different collars so I didn't NEED them but, as simple as they are the gift couldn't have been more meaningful or thoughtful.

Nice to know another B&B guy is out there with personalized stays gifted to him by his wife. Very cool man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree more! I also have quite a few stainless and brass collar stays. So, like you, I didn't need any more. But the simple sentiment was just very sweet and thoughtful. They were not expensive but just mean the world to me.

Top Bottom