The Pawn Stars Rick Harrison advertises One Razor by Micro Touch on TV

Discussion in 'Double Edged Razors' started by syngent, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Walmart has them and some stores have a "As seen on TV" section where they are available.

2. When I started back into shaving with a DE I never seen this commercial (stopped watching the show as well years ago). I did however run across it in a Target. So I unboxed it to see what it was and how it felt. I thought the razor itself seemed to be made decently made but the handle was too short for me.

3. I just got one for Christmas. My first safety razor. I chopped my head to pieces! Hopefully I just need different blades than the ones that come with it. Maybe an angle issue?

4. Perhaps more than angle, maybe pressure? It is a very mild razor, and I think a little pressure is needed, but I certainly can not cut myself with it.

5. Or maybe it's damaged / defective? I agree that it's a very mild razor. You shouldn't be able to cut yourself very easily.

Have you watched how-to videos? Here is one. Also anything by mantic59.

6. I bought one just to try, didn't like it but maybe because I'm used to my fat boy! Also the blades it came with didn't work for me.

7. I bought one just to try. 20 dollars, why not right? Its ok. I think its one of those things that if you like it you'll move up. If you don't, you'll go back to cartridge or ect... Its not as aggressive as even a 23c. But my dad uses it now and he likes it. He used throw away types, but not anymore. I've always been a DE guy myself. I got it from my great grandpa. But so far in my opinion, its something that will help the revival in the end.

8. I just bought this. It arrived yesterday. Still in the box. Can't wait to try my first time using a DE.

View attachment 629462

9. Hope you like it. I have other razors but still really like this razor.

10. The MicroTouch was my first DE razor and I still use it when I want a mild shave. I like to use it with Derby Extra blades and Proraso Red soap.

11. A local Walmart closed these out and now is stocked with VDH products instead.

12. I continue to get great shaves from this razor. I have a SuperSpeed as my primary razor, but every time I break out this razor I get an outstanding and comfortable shave.

13. Hello everybody I am a longtime lurker but I just started an account so i can post! I just picked this up yesterday at my local CVS. The first shave was pretty smooth with no nicks. It doesn't seem like this razor is aggressive at all. for a little background I've been using shave soaps with a brush and a mug for the past 3 years now but i never made the jump to a DE from my mach 3 until a client of mine started talking to me about shaving. He convinced me to make the jump so here I am. I am looking forward to going down this rabbit hole now!

Ken

14. Welcome in, enjoy the ride! :thumbup1:

15. Hello everyone. I'm new to the wet shaving and this site. I picked up one of the MTO razors and the Van Der Hagen shave soap kits. The worst part of the MTO was the Dorco blades in my opinion. I found some Gillette platinum plus blades at Walgreens that worked much better for me.

16. Hey. Same here. I don't mind the razor but he blades aren't the best. I like the Gillette Platinum plus, too. Easy to get without ordering online and I have found them at both Walgreens and some Publix stores. The Van der Hagan shave butter is pretty good. Personnally I like Cremo and a caffeinated one you can get at Target by Pacific Shave company. I might find a different bowl (I got the kit with the deep apothecary one) since it's a little hard to work in for me. Thought about the kit with the palm bowl just for the bowl but I don't need the brush and cream works better. I just go with either my palm or directly on my face. I've been having fun just trying different scents and razors. Welcome to the site.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  17. The Van der Hagan razor seems to be the same to me. But I don't like the blades they give you with it.

18. I don't mind the MTO razor and a t does great with the Gillette blades. I just ordered another shave set from Stirling Soap and several blades. I was going to buy soap samples, blades, and a new brush, but it was a better deal to get the Basic kit. I just wish the Gillette were a little cheaper.

19. Go to www.tryablade.com they have a huge selection, great prices, and fast shipping. You can buy single blades, or your favorites in bulk. You can also try west coast shave. They also have a nice selection.

20. I've got an MTO and a Weshi that are indistinguishable. So frankly I don't know which one is which any more.

But I've been using one of them exclusively for about five months.

It's a damn fine razor.