What's new

The Nib Acquisitions for 2021.

Went to KCMO today. They have a pen store. Got a Kaweco Perkeo to replace the Pilot Petit1 Mini. Will use this for work with Diamine Matador red ink. The grip is plastic like the barrel. I had expected it to be a sort of rubber. (Ignore the scratch in the wood. I said ignore it. Stop looking!)

09E8E4D7-21D0-4A61-A227-513ECBB4A47F.jpeg

F158E97B-47C6-4A5E-9FA3-09C2AD89CDE9.jpeg

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Went to KCMO today. They have a pen store. Got a Kaweco Perkeo to replace the Pilot Petit1 Mini. Will use this for work with Diamine Matador red ink. The grip is plastic like the barrel. I had expected it to be a sort of rubber. (Ignore the scratch in the wood. I said ignore it. Stop looking!)

View attachment 1365987

View attachment 1365988
Good looking, scratch that, great looking pen.
😂
How does it write?

I got a black Conway Stewart 286 from ebay. It has been dellivered yesterday and the sac needed replacing. Before going to bed last night I used a hair drier to separate the section from the barrel. I left the nib and section to soak in some water to get any dried ink out. The sac was completely melted in the barrell but I got it out. During lunch I used the ultrasonic cleaner with rapido-eze to clean the whole section, I left it for 4 cycles and once dried I mounted an 18 sac. Applied a bit of shellac to hold it in place too.
Cleaned the outside of the pen and I have now filled it with Pelikan 4001 Violet and am ready to use it :)
Apart from the normal sign of usage on the barrel it looks nice

My old Fisher AG7 developed a all split in the barrel a few weeks ago. So after a little web search, off for repair at the UK supplier of Fisher pens. Today a brand new AG7 arrived back home. All shinny and new, medium black refill included. Sweet.

IMG_20211211_120010_1.jpg

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Filson pen sleeves! Very likely my final pen-related purchase of 2021! I recently had a pair of Filson Mackanaw wool pants hemmed and the tailor gave me back the strips of that amazing thick felted Filson wool. I had an idea to turn them into pen sleeves, so I had her sew up the sides and pull them inside out. Ta da - pen sleeves! They sure came out great. She did an awesome job. These will cushion and protect my pens better than about any other material and I feel great about not throwing out such fine wool.

80FCB5B4-0645-4207-B996-F21EB928DEED.jpeg

View attachment 1365987

View attachment 1365988
The pen is loose with the ink. A few times, I have pulled the cap off and ink droplets spurted or spattered out.

These, I believe, are the last acquisitions for 2021. Bought for 25 GBP at a live auction

penne.jpeg

From leftto right:
Platignum de luxe button filler
Swan 3160
Sheaffer's Saratoga snorkel
Platignum

Apart from the last Platignum, which is a cartridge pen and IMO really useless, the first two had the sacs replaced and the Saratoga new innards. Saratoga and Swan have very fine and rigid nibs. I had to change the nib of the Platignum de luxe with a modern Chinese one as the original was in really bad shape.
Am now looking for a Sheaffer's PFM, an all plastic one as I do not like metal caps. The hunt continues.

Merry Christmas !!!!

Top Bottom