What's new

The Never-Ending PIF PIF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been told that people can put on whatever rules they want on these, allegedly.
Hypothetically yes, but it makes the PIF thread a bit less fun for the rest of us.
There are some instances where I can understand it. Alcohol is one (illegal), Very heavy (expenses), and other reasons (such as you are unable to do so).
So that being said I am just curious why CONUS only.

I agree. Besides the practicality of Conus only for alcohol related items, I think it should be first come, first served without other restrictions. I'm not sure that opinion is shared, however.

Hypothetically yes, but it makes the PIF thread a bit less fun for the rest of us.
There are some instances where I can understand it. Alcohol is one (illegal), Very heavy (expenses), and other reasons (such as you are unable to do so).
So that being said I am just curious why CONUS only.

Typically, shipping anything from the CONUS is rather expensive. So, cost is usually the biggest reason for limiting a PIF as such. For example, last year I shipped just a handful of razors to Canada. Despite the fact that we're on the same continent, the cost to ship them there was almost $20. Many people are just not willing to bother with the hassle & expense that the US Postal Service imposes on us for international shipments. It's nothing personal but for most, it's just not worth it.

I didn't say it, but someone across the room yelled over that perhaps those people should politely decline to participate in this thread, if that's the case. Like I said, I didn't say it, but just thought I'd pass it along. I think the guy's name was Mike, or Billy or something.

Typically, shipping anything from the CONUS is rather expensive. So, cost is usually the biggest reason for limiting a PIF as such. For example, last year I shipped just a handful of razors to Canada. Despite the fact that we're on the same continent, the cost to ship them there was almost $20. Many people are just not willing to bother with the hassle & expense that the US Postal Service imposes on us for international shipments. It's nothing personal but for most, it's just not worth it.

Many people are just not willing to bother with the hassle & expense that the US Postal Service imposes on us for international shipments. It's nothing personal but for most, it's just not worth it.
There's truth in that but not 100%. Example, lets say there is some European cream that is hard to get on other side of the pond and shipping price makes European vendors unattractive but you still want to try it. That's where this thread really shines - someone gets rid of stuff stuff they don't want and someone gets a chance to try something that would be hard to get for them. It may cost little locally but to you it would be worth much more.
I've shipped PIFs several times that did cost same or almost the same as postage. But someone wanted those things and it was fine with me.
Anyway, everyone chooses what and how to PIF.

I am a student, and trust me the shipping is expensive for me as well. Still do it just cause it is nice to PIF things (which is the entire idea of this thread).

Hey Gentlemen,

I think we need to try our very best to keep the topic of this thread non-confrontational and related to PIFs. If you have beef with a particular gentleman, please let him know personally via PM rather than making veiled complaints here on this thread.

I know the personal attack elements of this thread are showing up on the Mod Radar all too often, and I fear that one of these radar bloops will soon be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Be generous, be gentlemanly, don't pout, enough said.

Lots of great PIFs available, let's keep this thread on track :thumbup:

The idea of the never-ending pif is just that: An endless string of pif's. If you see something on the list below that you
would like to try, feel free to claim it. In return, you agree to add a pif from your own den to the list. Use the following procedure:

1. Post in this thread saying you'd like to claim the offering (first to post in thread has "dibs")

2. Pm the donor of that item with your mailing info.
3. Once confirmed, re-post the list, removing the donor's name and item and adding your own. If you'd like to wait until you receive the item before offering your pif, simply place a "?" after your name instead.
4. There is no limit to how often you can play, but a member may only have one outstanding pif at a time. That is, you are ineligible to claim another pif until someone claims yours.
5. There are no pif advance credits.

NameDate claimedPIFPending?
razumny30/jun/12Sampler pack of blades; Astra DPs, Derby Extras, Gillette Platinums and BIC
Borked4/Sept/121x Talc, 2x Gel/Foams, See post #9521
vdubya78915/aug/12blade sampler(10), once used mw wild lavender sample and a sample of arko
lxtab28/aug/12?
J_fro03/sept/12Choice of one of my top three drug store AS - Clubman, Aqua Velva, Skin Bracer... By Mennen, in a 36ml bottle. A random sample of Mama Bear soap, a sample of D.R. Harris Windsor cream, and a sample of my favorite blades.
jay672123/Sept/12A fairly good tube of Tabac shaving cream. About 60 - 70%
intotheforge16/aug/12samples of proraso green, arko, hbs strawberry, taylor sandalwood, and unknown cream
tcechak26/aug/12?
awsmith424/aug/12?
ngai17/aug/12?
Axebreaker03/sept/12?
jtokle30/aug/12?
shaveguy199507/aug/12?
Dreaded_rust30/aug/12?
nova31629/aug/12?
regularfella30/aug/12?
ZackP3/Sep/12?
woodnufc25/aug/1210 astra sp and 3 derby blades and a puck of williams (used twice)
duokun19/aug/12?
atticus929/aug/12?
json7/aug/12?
cpeter4731/aug/12?
rorpen8624/aug/12?
hillbilly pick03/sept/1210 Personna Med Prep DE Blades
nosduj29/aug/12a 10 blade sampler, proraso sandalwood sample, home made limes aftershave sample, plus a few random items
bigbull21/aug/12?
stickjr2518/aug/12Samples of Cella (red tub), Mikes Lemongrass/Euc, Billy Jealousy Liquidsand, AOS Aftershave balm and Dorco blades see post #9471 (CONUS Only please)YES
Blank row - Do not remove

Hey Gentlemen,

I think we need to try our very best to keep the topic of this thread non-confrontational and related to PIFs. If you have beef with a particular gentleman, please let him know personally via PM rather than making veiled complaints here on this thread.

I know the personal attack elements of this thread are showing up on the Mod Radar all too often, and I fear that one of these radar bloops will soon be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Be generous, be gentlemanly, don't pout, enough said.

Thank you. And if playing devil's advocate came off wrong, you have my apologies.

I'm changing my PIF to a nearly new tube of KMF Lime. Very good, but I just bought the big, monster size!
The idea of the never-ending pif is just that: An endless string of pif's. If you see something on the list below that you
would like to try, feel free to claim it. In return, you agree to add a pif from your own den to the list. Use the following procedure:

1. Post in this thread saying you'd like to claim the offering (first to post in thread has "dibs")

3. Once confirmed, re-post the list, removing the donor's name and item and adding your own. If you'd like to wait until you receive the item before offering your pif, simply place a "?" after your name instead.
4. There is no limit to how often you can play, but a member may only have one outstanding pif at a time. That is, you are ineligible to claim another pif until someone claims yours.

razumny30/jun/12Sampler pack of blades; Astra DPs, Derby Extras, Gillette Platinums and BIC
vdubya78915/aug/12blade sampler(10), once used mw wild lavender sample and a sample of arko
lxtab28/aug/12?
J_fro03/sept/12Choice of one of my top three drug store AS - Clubman, Aqua Velva, Skin Bracer... By Mennen, in a 36ml bottle. A random sample of Mama Bear soap, a sample of D.R. Harris Windsor cream, and a sample of my favorite blades.
jay672123/Sept/12Tube of KMF Lime, 80% full
intotheforge16/aug/12samples of proraso green, arko, hbs strawberry, taylor sandalwood, and unknown cream
tcechak26/aug/12?
awsmith424/aug/12?
ngai17/aug/12?
Axebreaker03/sept/12?
jtokle30/aug/12?
shaveguy199507/aug/12?
Dreaded_rust30/aug/12?
nova31629/aug/12?
regularfella30/aug/12?
ZackP3/Sep/12?
woodnufc25/aug/1210 astra sp and 3 derby blades and a puck of williams (used twice)
duokun19/aug/12?
atticus929/aug/12?
json7/aug/12?
cpeter4731/aug/12?
rorpen8624/aug/12?
nosduj29/aug/12a 10 blade sampler, proraso sandalwood sample, home made limes aftershave sample, plus a few random items
bigbull21/aug/12?
stickjr2518/aug/12Samples of Cella (red tub), Mikes Lemongrass/Euc, Billy Jealousy Liquidsand, AOS Aftershave balm and Dorco blades see post #9471 (CONUS Only please)YES

Replacing myself

lxtab28/aug/12?
Almightys04/sept/12?
tcechak26/aug/12?
awsmith424/aug/12?
ngai17/aug/12?
Axebreaker03/sept/12?
jtokle30/aug/12?
shaveguy199507/aug/12?
Dreaded_rust30/aug/12?
nova31629/aug/12?
regularfella30/aug/12?
ZackP3/Sep/12?
duokun19/aug/12?
atticus929/aug/12?
json7/aug/12?
cpeter4731/aug/12?
rorpen8624/aug/12?
bigbull21/aug/12?

stickjr25 I can't belive your PIF has not been snapped up yet. So, I would like to take it plz :)

PM sent

It is yours Rattbones.
The reason I changed to CONUS is for funding reasons, between planning a wedding set for November and having graduated with a master's degree in May and not getting a job yet, I just don't think I could could swing international shipping. If that rubbed some people the wrong way, I apologize and hope to PIF in the future to any corner of the world (when fully employed!).

Replacing myself with Rattbones

lxtab28/aug/12?
Almightys04/sept/12?
tcechak26/aug/12?
awsmith424/aug/12?
ngai17/aug/12?
Axebreaker03/sept/12?
jtokle30/aug/12?
shaveguy199507/aug/12?
Dreaded_rust30/aug/12?
nova31629/aug/12?
regularfella30/aug/12?
ZackP3/Sep/12?
duokun19/aug/12?
atticus929/aug/12?
json7/aug/12?
cpeter4731/aug/12?
rorpen8624/aug/12?
bigbull21/aug/12?
Rattbones4/sep/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom