What's new

The Knights of Speick!

What do you think of the body wash? How fragrant is it? I find the soap really doesn't have that strong of a "speick" scent, but then nothing does in comparison to the AS I guess.

It's nice, and certainly recognizably part of the Speick family. I actually find it a bit lower-sudsing that I usually get from a body wash, but really I have no complaints. It's a nice smell to start the day with, for sure.

A Speicktacular Tuesday!

Took a nice bike ride (70deg in Jan, in Colorado?), followed by a nice shower with some Speick body soap. Put a new Astra blade in my 40's Gillette, lathered up the ol' Speick stick, and 2 passes, no nicks.

Of course it was finished off with a healthy dose of Speick aftershave.

Yep -- this looks like the place for me. Speick cream, stick, AS splash, and deodorant get regular use on your's truly. One of my all-time favorite shave products.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Trick or Treet week, Tuesday, OCtober 25th 2022

Razor : Yaqi Slant- Mfg 2019> aggressive range, excellent design for result driven folks like myself, I use a steep approach angle(riding the bar) with a short handle with a light touch will give stellar shaves with good mature technique + no plucking of razor at start of a stroke. Lots of blade feel for folks who enjoy that, by riding the bar gives the person a adjustable razor on the fly with you adjusting as you shave by blade feel or known beard areas of concern when to back off of the blade exposure feel IMO. A very enjoyable shave this morning.
Blade : Treet Carbon, Sharp and smooth, 2nd shave so longevity unknown. The blade shaves different than my Stainless steel blades for sure. My stubble is dry and tougher with onslaught of winter I have noticed. First snow in Northern Alberta Canada -3C.
Soap : Speick stick, nice mild spicy scent with some of the best qualities lathers I have used. Triple milled, I take my pocket knife and slice some slivers off and press into bowl the way I prefer to use it this way. Excellent soap IMO.
Brush : Yaqi "rainbow" 26mm brown whiskers synthetic, Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Fine Fresh Vetiver
[IMG]
with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=
[IMG]
Excellent shave with my Yaqi Slant with a Treet carbon blade (different experience). Carbon steel blades is all the old timers used for decades.
[IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Ok, since I don't see one here. And while it might be kinda cheesy, I can't think of a better name. Although maybe part of being a KoS, is coming up with a better name. :w00t:

Speick (pronounced shh-pike) is one of the best aftershaves on planet earth. And it's related products will make you irresistible to members of the opposite sex (or the same sex, who am I to judge?). And I'd like to nominate that our day of the week be Tuesday....as in "Speicktacular Tuesday".

So...you gonna be knighted?
I must say, just seeing the name of this brotherhood made me want to join. And to try Speick products. Anybody with a sense of humor like that, must be worth following :cool:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Tuesday, November 29th 2022

Razor : Razorock Wunderbar slant with a modified Micromatic handle, Mfg 2017-2022, upper mid range, some real accurate machining and QC on this razor, light touch with a steep angle(riding the bar works for myself), you can receive some stellar smooth shaves. I have been experimenting with a 2 stack blade to see how it performs, 2nd shave excellent and tames it down a notch also if curious.
Blade : 2 X Astra SP (2) sharp & smooth with excellent longevity, trying a 2 stack in a DE for the first time with nice results.
Soap : Speick, very nice mild spicy scent with some of the best lather qualities in a soap, triple milled and worth every penny.
This soap is of very good quality and it just checks all the boxes what I enjoy with a soap.
Brush : Yaqi "Deep stones" 24mm boss knot- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber, excellent painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock King Louis splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs+ no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar slant with 2 X Astra SP blade.
SOTD November 29 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

One of the all time greats of the shaving soap world!

I've got half a dozen tallow sticks in my stash so I'm good for many years.

I must say, the vegan stick is also superb!
A notch under the tallow version, but great nonetheless.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I had the cream a while back...used it up...it was ok. Scent was barbershop to my nose. Anyone know if the aftershave scent is similar to the shave cream?

I had the cream a while back...used it up...it was ok. Scent was barbershop to my nose. Anyone know if the aftershave scent is similar to the shave cream?

Speick is definitely a fougère, but the prime ingredient, Valeriana celtica, has quite a bright, distinctive scent. Some find it medicinal. The aftershave smells very similar to the stick (haven't used the cream), but leans more into the Lavender.

sotd 9-1-2023

Skipped the weekend, so it was about time to have a decent shave! This razor requires less pressure than the Blackbird Lite I used all of last week!

Razorock Game Changer 0.84-P
Schick Super Stainless (vintage)
Omega 10049
Speick Men Active
Speick Men AS
Balea Sensitive ASB

proxy.php

Count me in. The blue AS splash is in daily use, and the blue tube cream is one of my go to creams(soaps) too. I have a bar of hand soap too that just does not want to go away, I don't even remember when I opened it :)

Top Bottom