What's new

The Gillette Dictator

Reading this in hind sight it wasn't until I got the the person pointing out the date, because it's Wednesday, that it hit me you got me totally Was it Photoshop for the OC redtip?

Last edited:
Reading this in hind sight it wasn't until I got the the person pointing out the date, because it's Wednesday, that it hit me you got me totally Was it Photoshop for the OC redtip?
No Photoshop, it's the real thing. It's a Senator baseplate with Redtip doors and handle.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member

Real deal, still needs some work straightening bent teeth but regardless, it shaves pretty well ... and unique.

No Photoshop, it's the real thing. It's a Senator baseplate with Redtip doors and handle.

Yes, razors were hurt in the creation of this red tip Dictator.

what is the story of the non TTO flare tip?
The flare tip was the easiest to mod. The silo mechanism was removed from the flare, then the upper "bell" and baseplate were punched out of the tube. The bell from a Ball end handle was punched out, then pressed into the flare tube. The bottom knob does not release the baseplate and cap, it just spins.

It also comes in New Improved-
IMG_20180404_194750254.jpg

and New Deluxe-
IMG_20180404_194910754.jpg

ok, I need one damn it. which one of you wants to sell me yours? personally though, I don't think painting them was a good idea. something like those need to me kept as original as possible I feel that you guys are ruining the history of them by doing it.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
For those who did not see this thread, we may have some interesting offerings coming up during the ST. Sue Auction.

Top Bottom