What's new

The Big, Bad Fatip Grande

I've had a couple of shaves now with it. Two passes: WTG and ATG. Very smooth, close shave and no irritation. At least with 7 o'clock super stainless blades. Definitely a keeper for me even if I wish it was better finished. I want to see how my skin feels after a week of daily shaves. If the Fatip is an 8.5 in aggressiveness how does the Rockwell S6 score? 15? Maybe more as I only went as far as trying the second plate before getting rid of it...

I think most people that have used a Fatip would agree that on a scale from 1 to 10 the Fatip is about a 9.5. It is just as efficient as a R41.

I sold it long ago! I didn't need anything that aggressive.

proxy.php

Let's see a picture of your Rockwell. I'm not too familiar with them.

It's too loose for my Fatip razor head!
[Ikon Bulldog handle]

Same here. I have the "old" version of the Bulldog (the one previous to the current version), but it may not be the oldest. At any rate some people have reported fitting the Ikon Bulldog to their Fatip.

One of the most efficient razors that I know of, and I'm proud to own a FaTip Grande in nickel. It's the razor I use when I've been using too mild of a razor and find that I need something to really give me a fine shave. I recommend everyone try one of they have the chance, and I think that after I use my Gillette Slim and it's time for the next razor in rotation, that I'll go ahead and break out my FaTip. It's been a long while since I last used it. :)

I used my Fatip Retro quite frequently in the last weeks and i simply love this razor.
Close shaves with very little effort and - if you really avoid any pressure - smooth at the same time.
Plus: the gunmetal coating looks really nice.

But recently i read that this coating ain't very durable and wears off quickly.
Anybody experienced this yet?

But maybe I should get a Piccolo anyway. The shorter handle and increased weight seem to make him a good everyday-razor.

I can't say anything that hasn't already been articulated. But...I just love my Piccolo. It's my first OC. The first couple of shaves were less than enjoyable to say the least but once you get dialed in, shaving with an aggressive razor is really nice. I've only used two different blades so far (Astra SP & Feather) and I prefer the Astras. More exploration is required though.

Yes I read about that earlier in the tread. I'd like an UFO handle but it seems impossible to get one.

[Ikon Bulldog handle]

Same here. I have the "old" version of the Bulldog (the one previous to the current version), but it may not be the oldest. At any rate some people have reported fitting the Ikon Bulldog to their Fatip.

I used my new FaTip Piccolo today for the first time, with a new Personna Blue Lab blade. I got a good DFS shave. No cuts or weepers, but some skin irritation. I need to dial it in, obviously.

None of my handles fit it, though. I have a Maggard MR5 handle, an EJ DE89 handle, and my RazoRock Mission handle, and all were too loose.

I can get BBS shaves with my RazoRock Mission and DE89 in 3 passes and a clean-up with no cuts or weepers, and usually no irritation as well. I have been using the Lab Blues exclusively, but just got in some Astra SPs.

I don't think my beard will allow a 2-pass shave. I got a good 2-pass shave with my Merkur 37C slant, once. Once.

Top Bottom