What's new

The best looking Simpsons brush?

Firslty, we have the Stubby. Something about the simplicity of the handle is very appealing to me. I have a Vulfix #41 and a Rooney 1/2 and they both have similar handles.

proxy.php

Recently I've noticed a couple of very nice sotd pics that included the Emperor. When I first saw this brush it didn't appeal to me at all, but the more I see it the more I love the look of it. My current most drool-inducing piece of shavorama.

attachment.php

I hope the fellow who posted the original doesn't mind it reproduced here.

Then we have Simpsons bestseller, the understated yet very elegant 'Duke':

proxy.php

Not to forget the borderline sensuous Tulip...

proxy.php

(image is Dr. P's - again, hope he doesn't mind).

My outsider: The Eagle - mainly I think it might be ergonomically perfect...(alas not available in higher grades).

proxy.php

:001_cool:

I really think the Tulip 2 in two band super is the best looking shave brush period. At least the best looking shave brush I've ever seen next to the Astor, but that is definitely out of my reach. If it wasn't so hard to justify another Simpson purchase after my incredibly efficient (and good looking) Duke 2 I'd own a T2.

Of their selections my favorite is the keyhole. My least favorite is the tulip....

The classic chubby is right up there for me too. Wee Scot is the only one I have and it has nice lines.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
The Simpson catalog is littered with the very finest lathe turned handles with the most variety in shavedom. (Followed by the Rooney Heritage line which has some unique classics as well)

To me, the Tulip, Emperor, & Polo are my favorites!

The tulip, Persian jar, and chubby are my favorites. PJ and tulip tie for looks, chubby is my favorite dimensions for a brush.

I agree about the Eagle. That handle looks incredibly ergonomic and comfortable... but alas, it's only available in Pure badger. Throw in a super knot and I'd order one tomorrow.

It's a tough call for me. I really like a lot of the shapes. I was never too fond of the look of the Tulips until I held them in my hand. I really like the T3 size and feel.

If I had to be pressed to pick one of the whole line though, it would have to be the Polo 10. That brush is a great size. Big brush, but managable size and weight. Feels great in the hand as well.

I love my T3, I really wanted the Astor, and considered gifting the T3 to dad, but I just couldn't part with it. (Dads now getting a nice 2 band super, restore I am doing)

Here is a pic of mine, 2 band in super

proxy.php

and here is a pic, next to Rooney 1/2 finest and the old vulfix that will be getting the new knot

proxy.php

While I dig the Tulip the most, I have to agree with earlier statements--if they slapped a best or better knot in the Eagle, I would buy the hell out of it. I have always had a sneaking admiration for that handle.

Not like my secret love for the Milk Churn--which is just dirty and wrong.

While I dig the Tulip the most, I have to agree with earlier statements--if they slapped a best or better knot in the Eagle, I would buy the hell out of it. I have always had a sneaking admiration for that handle.

Not like my secret love for the Milk Churn--which is just dirty and wrong.

:lol::lol::lol:

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
i have to say that imho the best looking handle is that of the emperor series. its just a great handle and ergonomic.

Top Bottom