What's new

The B&B Face Latherers Club United - come in and join the club, please !

Hey guys,
wasssuuup?

Face lathering for life! LOL!

SOTD 15 December 2016
proxy.php

SOTD 16 December 2016
proxy.php

Have a wonderful shave and a fresh day to all gents!

SOTD 29 December 2016

with Omega 49 probably the best face latherer in the world

proxy.php

I tried bowl lathering when I first started, but I tried face lathering a month or two ago and it's so much more intuitive, I'm never going back!

I tried bowl lathering when I first started, but I tried face lathering a month or two ago and it's so much more intuitive, I'm never going back!
Welcome to the club!

"Never trade what you want most, for what you want in the moment."

Sent from the GnomePhone

I read a bit of this thread but it was a lot of 'I'm ins' and 'Face lathering is the best!'. I face lathered for the first time recently trying a couple creams that recommend lathering with your hands and I instantly noticed how good my stubble was at creating lather. I have used my brush with Tabac cream but haven't tried any soaps yet(that's next). Have you guys talked about how the brush on your chin helps create a great lather whether you use a badger/boar/other brush or not? My new favorite type of brush is ba hair(those are my chin whiskers:wink2:). It's a pretty thick knot, though not a ton of loft. Like many of the posts I read, I too recently bought a scuttle and find myself not sure if I will use it again.

By the way, TOFLAC-U is a great acronym. Thumbs way up to the guy who came up with that.

I read a bit of this thread but it was a lot of 'I'm ins' and 'Face lathering is the best!'. I face lathered for the first time recently trying a couple creams that recommend lathering with your hands and I instantly noticed how good my stubble was at creating lather. I have used my brush with Tabac cream but haven't tried any soaps yet(that's next). Have you guys talked about how the brush on your chin helps create a great lather whether you use a badger/boar/other brush or not? My new favorite type of brush is ba hair(those are my chin whiskers:wink2:). It's a pretty thick knot, though not a ton of loft. Like many of the posts I read, I too recently bought a scuttle and find myself not sure if I will use it again.

By the way, TOFLAC-U is a great acronym. Thumbs way up to the guy who came up with that.

Welcome, brother!:thumbup:

I have always, and I mean always, facelathered. That's the way my father taught me and facelathering it is. Apart from that, I can't think of another way of lathering... as the pleasure of building lather all over my mug :)laugh:) with a nice brush is unique. Not to mention that my stubble is lifted, my skin massaged and prepared... and pampered!

For me it's badger, although I've got a couple of nice boars and a mixture too... but a two-band is just awesome!

Show off your tools, sir!

Hi,

The key is that while you are building the lather, the water is soaking into the whiskers softening them. This does not occur with bowls and scuttles. A bonus is that you can adjust easily. If you don't use enough water, add a little by wetting the brush tip. If you use too much water, then add anlittle more soap to the brush. And, all the while you are adjusting the soap/water ratio, your whiskers continue to soften.

In my case, this is extra important. I have those copper wires from a scrub brush growing out of my face. They need all the softening they can get! My dad had the same, and I now understand why he told me that face lathering was the only way to go! :)

Stan

Edit: and, I prefer Horsehair brushes. A nice mix of stiff and soft hairs to work with the old copper wires to produce lather.

I prefer Horsehair brushes. A nice mix of stiff and soft hairs to work with the old copper wires to produce lather.

My favorite brush is my Vie Long Horse. It holds the right amount of moisture and lather and gives a nice bristly massage as I lather up. It is the only brush I have face lathered with so far, and it gave a nice feeling.

Is it just me, or does face lathering happen a lot quicker than bowl lathering? Seems like the interaction of the brush with the whiskers really whips up the soap real quick and it is just a question of if I need water or not.

My favorite brush is my Vie Long Horse. It holds the right amount of moisture and lather and gives a nice bristly massage as I lather up. It is the only brush I have face lathered with so far, and it gave a nice feeling.

Is it just me, or does face lathering happen a lot quicker than bowl lathering? Seems like the interaction of the brush with the whiskers really whips up the soap real quick and it is just a question of if I need water or not.

I really don't know... only facelatherer here...:laugh:

This is one of the best appreciated face lathering tool in Italy.
The ~Scannatassi~ (badger slayer in english...) believe me is fantastic.

Pre: hot shower
Brush: Omega 102
Razor: Gillette Super Speed 72
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (2)
Soap: WSP Blackbeard
Aftershave: Floid Blue / Saponificio Varesino Mango Butter

proxy.php

This is one of the best appreciated face lathering tool in Italy.
The ~Scannatassi~ (badger slayer in english...) believe me is fantastic.

Pre: hot shower
Brush: Omega 102
Razor: Gillette Super Speed 72
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (2)
Soap: WSP Blackbeard
Aftershave: Floid Blue / Saponificio Varesino Mango Butter

proxy.php

:thumbup:

The Flod Blue is the "Italian" or the "Spanish"? I looove mine!

Top Bottom