What's new

Thanks for the new Reactions

So, if someone reacts to another members post with the troll does that mean they are calling that member a troll? If so, is that an insult worthy of being reported to a moderator?

I just think you are over-reacting a touch here Tom.

As a long standing member, who I greatly respect, I say this with sincerety.
Possibly, but I’ve never been called a “troll” before, especially by someone who has been a member for only two months. I wanted to clarify exactly what the troll reaction signifies before pursuing it.

Possibly, but I’ve never been called a “troll” before, especially by someone who has been a member for only two months. I wanted to clarify exactly what the troll reaction signifies before pursuing it.
It is often used with humour. Lasta regularly calls me a troll.

@Hoosier Trooper:

"Also, I see that my question has received two troll reactions. I can assume these are meant to be humorous.."

Exactly. And yes, they were. I bet my butt on it.

If any of these reactions were flat out bad, then why were they generally agreed to and allowed by members and staff?

It's just a silly little sign.

And see, look. The notorious @lasta has struck me again.

Last edited:

lasta

Blade Biter

Troll = hug, happy face, wide open arms and all.

When a member gets a nick, or catches Covid, one sends a troll to comfort them.

We don't have a true hug or pat on the back emoji, so AFAIK, troll = hug.

Ok, so how can one determine their intent?

For a start, you have to firstly assume good faith/intent. And only the reverse if there is compelling evidence otherwise. Some questions I would ask myself:
  • Have I invited the reaction by gently ribbing in the thread? If Arko is involved, probably...
  • Does my history of interactions with the reacting user suggest a playful tone, or a aggrieved one?
  • Do I really care? It's just one of the emoji reactions, and they all amount to the same thing, really.
Hope that helps!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
We would never make available emoticons that, in and of themselves, should be considered an offense.
All are intended to represent agreement or good natured responses.
Any of them can be misused as can the written word.
A laughing emoticon in a RIP thread for instance.
Assume best intent when you see one.
If you think someone has blatantly responded improperly on the forum, feel free to report the issue, and we'll have a look.

We would never make available emoticons that, in and of themselves, should be considered an offense.
All are intended to represent agreement or good natured responses.
Any of them can be misused as can the written word.
A laughing emoticon in a RIP thread for instance.
Assume best intent when you see one.
If you think someone has blatantly responded improperly on the forum, feel free to report the issue, and we'll have a look.
Done. I get the humorous use of it between long standing members but that is not the case here.

Top Bottom