What's new

Thanks for the new Reactions

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Done. I get the humorous use of it between long standing members but that is not the case here.
You can report it or pm me a link and Ill be happy to take a look.
Some folks take for granted the camaraderie here and feel comfortable using a more familiar tone than would normally be expected when interacting face to face.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I look at the troll reaction as a flag/indicator for others to do their own research about the post's information.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I look at the troll reaction as a flag/indicator for others to do their own research about the post's information.
I've used it similarly, though I have also used it in other ways, poking fun at thread derailers, poking fun at points made that either were not answering a question or that were so detailed as to be the proverbial "wall of text".
None of the emoticons were ever intended to be applied in a strictly negative context.
I suppose that, as the site is dynamic and fluid, that problematic smilies and emoticons can be reviewed and replaced if they become an issue.

I've used the troll emoji once, I think. That was when someone came into a razor club thread and made their first and only post in that thread crapping on that razor. Several other folks did as well. I don't want to sick a mod on them, we can be adults and gently call out bad behavior. Phil and crew have better things to do that babysit us! ;)

We sure have come a long way as a society when emoticons trigger us.
On a forum that stresses gentlemanly behavior calling someone an internet troll is a bit more than a “trigger”. As a moderator you know many members have been banned over the years for inappropriate posts.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
On a forum that stresses gentlemanly behavior calling someone an internet troll is a bit more than a “trigger”. As a moderator you know many members have been banned over the years for inappropriate posts.

Yes, and I know no one has been banned for using emoticons/reactions. I think anyone that gets offended over the use of a reaction needs to step down off their pedestal. If I post a pic of my breakfast and someone uses the Barf emoticon am to assume they are calling my food I made garbage and it makes them vomit looking at it? Should that offend me?? If someone uses the Facepalm on one of my posts should I assume they are calling me a moron and get offended??

Reactions/emoticons are meant to be fun and used for fun. There are much more offense emoticons out there than the ones we have selected to use here.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
But it hurts when I try to step down from my pedestal! :tongue_sm
crates-fall.gif

Top Bottom