What's new

Synthetic belts

Just found another one on my Korean winter weight pants. Love these pants. image.jpg

Iv'e been pretty happy with my basic 5.11 Tactical 2-ply, green on one side black on the other. But might have to go get the Wilderness 5 stitch Frequent Flyer after this thread. :)
I've got a brand new one. It's been in my closet for about 15 years, never used it. I think it's the 5 stitch, it's pretty thick. Here it is, size 39, whatever that means. Here are the numbers on it.
I'm 5'11 about 165-167lbs. If you want it, I will send it to you.
IMG_0650.JPG
IMG_0651.JPG
IMG_0652.JPG
IMG_0653.JPG

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
My two Nexbelts came in, review to follow once I've had a chance to wear them. The buckle is a little tricky at first. They will need to be cut to fit as they come long.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
What Nexbelts do you have? Too many choices.

I have only worn the Titan EDC belt so far. It is VERY stiff. The nylon webbing is slightly abrasive (compared to my Wilderness belts) if you don't have a shirt tucked in and you have any "love handles" or a protuberant belly, but otherwise is comfortable. I have yet to wear the leather dress belt, but it has a normal leather texture and should not be at all abrasive, but it remains very stiff as well. It's a 1 3/8 in. belt vs. 1 1/2 in. and should be compatible with more pants belt loop sizes.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I wore the Nexbelt leather belt for the first time yesterday carrying my PM 9 Kahr in a kidex IWB holster and it was very comfortable. No complaints at all. I will probably never carry a full sized pistol with lots of magazines or other tactical gear on it as it is, after all, a dress belt. Like the EDC belt, it has a ratcheting buckle with the 1/4 inch adjustment increments, very convenient to get just the right fit. I like it!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I've been wearing the EDC Nexbelt with and without a holstered gun and wore it with an IWB Kydex holster in a match yesterday. Very satisfied with it's performance. I may have over stated the "abrasiveness" of the nylon material that I mentioned in my initial appraisal, or I've just gotten used to it. My only concern now is, will it prematurely wear out belt loops that are a tight fit with a 1.5 in. belt in general?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I've been wearing the EDC Nexbelt with and without a holstered gun and wore it with an IWB Kydex holster in a match yesterday. Very satisfied with it's performance. I may have over stated the "abrasiveness" of the nylon material that I mentioned in my initial appraisal, or I've just gotten used to it. My only concern now is, will it prematurely wear out belt loops that are a tight fit with a 1.5 in. belt in general?

I’m not into thinner belts. 1.5 is my starting minimum when packing at least a regular size pistol or even a bigger micro like my G43X.

I can see a thinner dress belt for a smaller .380, but I’m difficult to please. I don’t like a thinner belt that will sag under the weight, but I also don’t like an overly rigid or densely thick belt. And I don’t want to have to cinch the belt up too tight in order to maintain the feeling of control I want.

Tall order eh? While many seem to go with harder, stiffer belts with polymer or steel inserts and even harder and more rigid holsters to find this holy grail of comfort and support, for many, many years, I had found that comfort and support heading in the opposite direction with just a basic model Glock 19 inside a soft Uncle Mike’s IWB and a 2-ply Cordura webbing 5.11 tactical belt.

I don’t carry that G19 or Uncle Mike’s much anymore, but even in my current EDC rotations of kydex and micro 9’s, small pocket .380’s and IWB leather, I haven’t found a more comfortable and maybe even more secure carry then my old G19 and soft, pliable Uncle Mike’s IWB holster.

I feel like I gotta end this post with a ymmv…. ;)

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
The leather Nexbelt model that I have is only 1/8 in. narrower at 1 3/8 in. Just enough to accommodate most belt loops. There are 1 1/5 in. leather Nexbelts available as well.

Top Bottom