What's new

Super-Max Diamond Edge Super Platinum

Does anybody have any experience with these blades?
proxy.php

100 x Super Max Diamond Edge Razor Blades -SUPER PLATINUM Blades saloon SUPPLY | eBay

Are they just a replacement / repackaged version of these?
proxy.php
proxy.php

Or another version of these?
proxy.php
proxy.php

Or are they a totally different animal ?

The only ones I have & like are the Supermax Platinum. They might have an additional coating to make the blade last longer.? I doubt that they are sharper.

Those old Super-Max Blue Diamond Platinums were a great blade for me, really smooth,and S-M's best at the time...I'm curious to know the answer as well..

I have been using the "Titanium" blades for about a year or so, and they perform very well for me; better than the Super Platinums. However, I can't find them anymore on the Bay or Amazon. I am wondering if the Blue Diamond, Diamond Edge, and the Titanium are the same blade repackaged for different markets.

There 2 veraions of supermax bluediamond blades.
The older ones(shown in the first pic) which are now discontinued were quite good.
The newer are propabkt the worst blades i have tried.
These seem to be similar to the newer ones.
I have also heard bad things about these blades.
Of course YMMV!

I have these Diamond Edge blades. Saw these in a local supermarket here in India and immediately picked a tuck of 5 blades. Price is very cheap at 20 cents for the pack of 5. It was priced just a shade above the Supermax Stainless blades (which work very very well for me for at least 5 shaves on rugged 4-5 day beard-growths). I have searched in vain for the other Supermax blades. We don't get anything else other than the Stainless blade in India, so seeing these Diamond Edge blades was a surprise.

I find these blades amazing. I used the Stainless ones in milder razors, but I've now moved on to the R41 and the Fatip Piccolo - and while the Diamond Edge doesn't last for 5 shaves, it gives 3 amazing two-pass BBS shaves on both the R41 and the Piccolo. It's as sharp as the Gillette Blacks (7 o clock Indian Super Plats), but there's a good amount of smoothness which makes this blade forgiving. YMMV, but I'd rate both the Stainless and Diamond Edge blades above the Indian 7 o clocks (black and green).

I received a Super-Max Super Platinum blade in a pif and thought it was an excellent blade, gave great shaves, and lasted 4-5 shaves (there a bouts). I've kept the packaging (which looks different than above) in hopes of finding them. Made in India.

Blade_SuperMax_SuperPlatinum.jpg

I received a Super-Max Super Platinum blade in a pif and thought it was an excellent blade, gave great shaves, and lasted 4-5 shaves (there a bouts). I've kept the packaging (which looks different than above) in hopes of finding them. Made in India.

View attachment 779169

Yup excellent blades. They were my first 100 pack purchase, back in 2013. I still have about 10 left. (and yes, I have used way more than 90 blades in 4 years.)

Yup excellent blades. They were my first 100 pack purchase, back in 2013. I still have about 10 left. (and yes, I have used way more than 90 blades in 4 years.)
I only had the one blade and have been looking for the S-M SP's. Do you remember where you got your pack from? Was the packaging like the one I had?

Curiosity got the better of me so I pulled the trigger, they arrived this week
IMHO - at less than €9/100 with free shipping from India to Spain it would have been rude not to
100 pc Super Max Diamond Edge Razor Blades -SUPER PLATINUM Blades saloon FSWWD. | eBay
proxy.php

I had my 1st shave with one this morning in my Mingshi 2000S Adjustable
I did
WTG - #4
XTG - #4.5
ATG - #5
Buffing - #5

Quite smooth and comfortable to shave with, not quite BBS, but I never expect BBS anyway
I had a small weeper on my chin, but that can happen to the best of us

Time will tell longevity wise, but so far so good

Just got done with blade #2. I can safely say that this is one amazing blade. I would place it right along the Personna Reds (Israelis) I have in terms of sharpness and smoothness. And w.r.t other Indian blades, I'm done - this is the best I've used. Better than the Gillette Blacks and Greens. The second blade lasted a whopping 7 shaves on my Fatip Piccolo. And all 7 shaves were on extremely tough 4-5 day beard growths. Very happy with this blade and going to the market to stock up before they vanish and never come back!

I picked up a pack of 5 blades for 16 INR (0.25 USD) day before yesterday.

I have used it twice so far (with Feather Popular) and I think I liked the overall experience.

The blades are slightly thinner making them a bit more flexible.

The edge is quite good after two shaves.

I will use them for a week and see how it holds up.

I picked up a pack of these from my local barber wholesale store.

Price -
INR 80 (USD 1.1) for a pack of 50

Equipment used -
I've used them in QShave (Futur clone) and my Pearl CC TTO.

Performance -
They are great blades, the first shave with a new blade is not that great and the blade feels too aggressive. 2nd Shave onward they are great and I get a BBS in 3 passes WTG, XTG & ATG.

Blade life -
1st Blade - I discarded it after 4 shaves (my bad that I was cleaning my razor and left the blade on the shelf where a cleaning liquid corroded the blade and it started to rust)
2nd Blade - I was able to get 6 shaves (3 passes each), I am not sure if I could have got a few more shaves out of this blade as on my last pass (ATG) I felt tugging and decided to discard it.

Top Bottom