What's new

Stropping Widths, Post your Preference

So, piggybacking on my last thread, I've been thinking about widths lately... Tell me what you prefer!

I have been using a 3 inch TM or SRD strop since I started a year or so ago... However, just recently, I got my first 2.5 (actually about 2.4) inch strop and must say that the X pattern is very fun and much more engaging than a 3inch strop. So, the last two strops I've ordered (from Ambrose and Screaming Pig) are both in 2.5. I've found that I can use them both just as well as eachother, and mixing things up is fun, so why not?

So, what is your favorite size (or sizes).

Regards,
Jeremy

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
So many strops seem to be either 2" or 3". I think 2 1/2" is the perfect size.

3 inch here, because I'm a newbie. I just placed an order for a 2.5 in one from Ambrose, though, so I should be able to comment on that width soon.

2 inch here,started on a 2.5 but it was not a good strop so i bought the 2 of better quality and cheaper price. i really like it a lot and agree it requires an x pattern which forces me to do what i have come to believe is the preferred or maybe even correct way. Dunno about that though.

2-1/2 is good for me. I find that all parts of the edge get covered even with 'mindless' stropping, but intentionally focusing on an x-pattern is also cool.

Don't have a 3, but I much prefer my 2.5's over the 2 I had initially.

Might make a good poll question if that can be added.

I only have one from Jose in 2.5 but before that I used one that was a thinner beginner strop. It is so much easier to use the Ambrose strop it aint funny, it's almost like I know what I'm doing :thumbup1:

2" for me, even have a 1 3/4" Dovo that is perfectly fine. I also have a 2 1/2 but don't use it too often. I don't think I'd go over 2" in the future.

Well if anyone has an unused 2.5" or 3" strop they would like to donate to me so I can see which one I like better I will be happy to give an opinion on it. :lol: :lol: :lol: My current strop is an old horse hide strop called a black beauty ... from Australia :tongue_sm it has nicks and dents and in general just doesn't work :angry: its about 2.25"

Got my strop from Abrose in :D This spanish horsehide is niiiiiiiice.

I must admit, 2.5 inches is now my favorite width. I still like D-rings and handles the most, but I'm warming up to the barber's end... We'll see...

Cheers,
Jeremy

Top Bottom