What's new

Straight Razor Tutorial

Hey guys! I’m new to straight razor shaving and I would love it if any of you guys could point me in the right direction with any tutorials or good reads on how to straight razor shave, what techniques to use, etc. Everything from the angle and how to pull the skin to how to lather would be appreciated. Thank you in advance everybody!

Well, I recently had the same request and a member here was so gracious to point me to these threads for a good start:

Required Reading

Quick Start Tutorials:

You can then supplement the above with endless videos ad nauseam on YouTube. Good luck and happy shaves!

Well, I recently had the same request and a member here was so gracious to point me to these threads for a good start:

Required Reading

Quick Start Tutorials:

You can then supplement the above with endless videos ad nauseam on YouTube. Good luck and happy shaves!
Thank you very much sir! These will help a ton!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Thank you rbscebu! You've been the biggest help i've had in this forum, i'm very thankful for all the help you've given me and still provide.
Others, who are much more experienced than I am, also provide you with help, however many of them have forgotten what it was like being a beginner. As a beginner four years ago, I fortunately documented a lot of what I was learning. I use that documentation to refresh my memory of my beginner experiences. That better assists me in helping other beginners.

Late last year I started free in-person SR beginner shaving classes in the small town (pop. about 10,000) near to where I live. So far, 9 students have graduated and 7 of those have continued SR shaving. This has helped me refine my teaching technique. I have another class starting next Wednesday.

Last edited:
Thank you @rbscebu as I saw you just released version 8. I received my Dovo straight yesterday and will take a stroke or two on my cheeks today :D

Top Bottom