What's new

Speick!!!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I used Speick for the first time several years ago, receiving it as a present by a friend.
For some unknown reason I didn't shave with this cream anymore, once finished my tube.
A huge mistake.
Now, in these last days, I ordered two new tubes of Speick and started using it again.
What a wonderful cream!
Unexpensive, slick, cushioning and with a very pleasant scent.
Every shave with Speick is a great shave.
Along with my beloved Proraso, it's my favourite low cost shaving cream.
A truly solid German product.
:thumbup:

I've tried many of the Speick products and I find that Speick SC the finest element of the line.

Speick SC may be the best bang for the buck...I've been using it exclusively for the last week. Great stuff!!!! :thumbup:

is Speick a brushless cream?

The consistency is comparable to other brushless shave creams I have used, and when I am in a rush, I have been known to quickly spread Speick cream sans brush and get a very comfortable clean shave.

The mfr states on the box that at temperatues greater than ~86, the cream hardens (yes, you read that right), but on cooling to normal room temps, it softens again. I've not experienced that yet, but I could see where you might have spreading issues if the cream hardens too much. At normal room temps, I'd say go for it. The spikenard essence is unique and envigorating.

I have some Speick ASB that I got through a trade. Thus far, its the only product in that line that I've tried, but I will certainly be expanding to the other products later this year.

I used it once or twice for its intended purpose, but I find it really excels as a HAND cream. I put it on to soothe the "cardboard claws" I get from working in a warehouse. It does a great job of soothing my raw skin, and the moisturizing effect lasts and lasts all day.

How does the cream/stick smell like?

It is a fairly hard scent to describe. I think of dried flowers and spices. I find it a good scent, not overly floral though. It is unique for all the shaving products I have tried.

I have the stick, cream and ASB. I really enjoy the cream and stick but cannot use the ASB full-strength. The scent of the ASB overpowers me, so I dilute it with Nivea...about 5% Speick in the Nivea.

How does the cream/stick smell like?

The essence of Speick is derived from the spikenard plant. The essential oil is extracted from the rhizomes (underground stems), not from the flowering tops. Because the rhizomes are underground, the aroma of the oil has a base note which is EARTHY. That is, earthy in a fresh, woodsy way, like you grabbed a handful of moist forest floor from an evergreen forest. On top of the base earthy scent are overlays of what I can best describe as refined aromatic evergreen notes, like cedar, juniper and rosemary. It does NOT reek of coarse pine or stuff like that. At ~$5 a tube, it's worth a try. I love the scent and the lather from the cream is superb.

The essence of Speick is derived from the spikenard plant. The essential oil is extracted from the rhizomes (underground stems), not from the flowering tops. Because the rhizomes are underground, the aroma of the oil has a base note which is EARTHY. That is, earthy in a fresh, woodsy way, like you grabbed a handful of moist forest floor from an evergreen forest. On top of the base earthy scent are overlays of what I can best describe as refined aromatic evergreen notes, like cedar, juniper and rosemary. It does NOT reek of coarse pine or stuff like that. At ~$5 a tube, it's worth a try. I love the scent and the lather from the cream is superb.
Yep, ceebee pretty much hit the nail on the head with his description! Spikenard oil is very pungent but to me there's something kind of soothing about it. It's said to have been the oil Mary Magdalene used to anoint the feet of Jesus. It's present in the cream but not overpowering.

Great scent and provides a great shave base!

Top Bottom