What's new

🏝️ 🎣 🎿 β›³οΈπŸ’‚β€β™€οΈπŸ„πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸš’πŸ•οΈ SOTD - β€œTravel Theme Week” - February 6th, 2023 to February 12th, 2023 🏝️ 🎣 🎿 β›³οΈπŸ’‚β€β™€οΈπŸ„πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸš’πŸ•οΈ

Status
Not open for further replies.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
20230210_120012~2.jpg

Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Manchurian
Soap: Goya Corvette
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Jewel
Aftershave: Goya Corvette
Β 
Friday
Pre-shave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser /King C Gillette Transparent Shave Gel
Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: EverReady 150 Restore w/TGN 2-band
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/Humphrey’s Lilac Witch Hazel/Pinaud Clubman
Balm: Anthony All Purpose Facial Moisturizer
Β 
Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
T&H Silvertip Badger
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
RR Stealth Slant
Blade
Personna Medical Prep blade
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
Versace, TheDeamer
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the 20th shave with MdC and it was another good one. Even with this small T&H brush, there is plenty of nice, rich lather. The razor and blade continue to be the RR Stealth Slant loaded with a Med Prep blade for the third shave. A fine, no-issue shave. Have a wonderful day and weekend, folks.
Β 
SOTD February 10th
GRUME February 2023
Fruity February

Hello friends!

This is a sunny summer morning, here. Today, I tried for the first time a MdC. Following the advice of a fellow shaver on YouTube, I chose a synthetic brush for it. The lather was instantaneous. The smell of lavender and rosemary sent me straight to the French Riviera. Although the protection was not as good has MWF, Tabac, Haslinger or a mutton Stirling, MdC came to be part of my den. And I reckon for the way the level of the soap remais intact it will be eith me from here to eternity, like Frank Sinatra, Deborah Kerr and Burt Lancaster…
The fruity section of my shave was represented by Citrus Musk that matched the soap extremely well.

To complete this wonderful event, Ben Webster was playing the tenor…

Have a great friday and wonderful shave!
❀️πŸͺ’

12D07DF9-A563-4856-935C-38BCB463CEBC.jpeg
1DE46224-9B46-44E3-89A5-F4083E50CD28.jpeg
Β 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Friday, February 10 2023

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur SE 50mm AC Razor + Yaqi Milano handle - Mfg 2021>, tame mid range, simple clamping blade system, nice chrome finish, small head parts to assemble. Very enjoyable shave this morning with this razor with a new Schick proline blade, Good pairing!
Blade : Schick proline p30 50mm- sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Razorock Emperor, mid level scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Cola" 22 mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Emperor with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur with a Schick proline p30 50mm blade.
SOTD Feburary 10 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!
Β 
proxy.php

Prep: Kent Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Kent BLK8 Silvertip Badger
Soap: Czech & Speake No 88 (Valobra Tallow base)
Razor: Blutt BR1 (0.86mm gap)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Royal (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Crowne Shaving Co Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Geo. F. Trumper Eucris EdT

Cracking shave. The Kent brush loaded easily from the triple-milled soap, reulting in lovely lather.
Β 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom