What's new

🦃 🏈 🍻 🍗 SOTD "Thanksgiving/Black Friday Week” NOVEMBER 20th - November 26th, 2023 🦃 🏈 🍻 🍗

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat 25
Soap & Aftershave PAA Astra Planeta + Clubman Musk
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor & Blade RazoRock GC.84-P + Super-Max Blue Diamond
Superbly thick creamy and slick soap! Wonderful shave with this razor and blade pairing...
20231125_190941.jpg

Last edited:
A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Omega EVO
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Karve
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is my fourth and final shave with the Karve/Wizamet combination. The result was a smooth, close, and comfortable shave. Today’s brush is the Omeg EVO synthetic – one of the softest brushes in my rotation. The MdC soap is on its 295th use and there is not much left. The brush feels great on my face. Have a great day, folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Saturday, November 25th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Romulus SE 316SSP with a Yaqi Chippendale 316 SSP (Darwin handle older look)- Mfg 2023>, mild to tame mid range(Depends on blade used). This little razor head works well on my face and gives a very decent shave, 2nd time using it.
I changed the handles up on my Original Romulus handle it arrived with just to see how the Yaqi Chippendale handle I bought last year felt and it seems to never let me down(it has been used on many new razor heads). The handle is 5 grams lighter than the Romulus handle sent(lighter than a lot of titanium handles) + has a hole in the bottom to receive the Yaqi stand pilot pin (It gives me the New & old look that appeals to me) + felt great with my normal grip feel when shaving. It will be designated to the Romulus for now.
The Romulus is indicating like others have already mentioned it has good efficiency and it works the face well (another reason I bought the Romulus, thanks fellows). With the Feather blade those whiskers did not stand a chance + my skin had no irritation. I will use this razor for about a 6-7 consecutive days with a few different razor shave offs(daily doubles) and different blades to test to see if it is a good daily driver.
Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Feather Professional(2) very sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity. 2nd shave is usually premium performance shaving with a Feather pro for myself I recall.
Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scent of lavender + very excellent lather qualities(discontinued) on my last 3rd tub.
Brush : Yaqi "Chianti's" 24mm synthetic. Excellent lather generator, heavenly luxury cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Nice handle on this brush to hold, whips up a quick lather also like a lot of synthetics.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Had a close stellar comfortable shave this morning with my new Yaqi Romulus 316 SSP SE razor with a Feather pro 2nd use, usually sharp and smoothest #2 use with a feather for myself (Cotton ball tested for a nice BBs).

SOTD November 25 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOTD NOVEMBER 25th
NOCvember 2023
SV Saturday

Hello friends

Saturday is my favorite day of the week. So in honor of that, today I've rounded up my favorite shaving items. My favorite soap, my favorite razor with its favorite plate, my favorite blade, my favorite brush and my favorite aftershave.

And with us at this historic moment, my favorite album by my favorite singer.

Rating: 10

Have a nice weekend and great shaves.
❤️🪒

F482FCCE-0D5B-4E37-9864-4E1EDDBAB545.jpeg
IMG_3399.jpeg

Saturday Morning Salutations

Very Nice & Close shave with a first use PAL Carbon Steel blade. Sample of Sharp Dressed Man 2 came with an order I received from Stirling a few Days ago. I don't know what the "2" designates and I never had the original SDM but this soap was very, very nicely scented.

Valet AutoStrop VC1 Razor
PAL Carbon Blue Blade (1X)
Stirling Sharp Dressed Man 2 Soap Sample
AP ShaveCo 30mm Faux Boar Knot Brush
Myrsol Limon Splash On
Canoe Aftershave Cologne

D88715FE-426C-4E18-9404-F081F507986D-compressed.jpeg

💈SOTD:25-11-23
Soap:D&G HoM Cerberus Fougere
Ashes:NO HoM Cerberus Fougere
EdP:DG HoM Cerberus Fougere
Razor:Romi Slant
Blade: Derby Usta (3)
Brush:Semogue LE 2023

It remains a top set this collaboration between Declaration Grooming, Noble Otter and House of Mammoth, the scent Cerberus Fougere is very nice especially in this colder period, certainly not as polarizing as the regular Cerberus which not everyone here at home could appreciate.

The third time with this blade the Usta from Derby and again did not disappoint, but together with the Romi Slant this was a slightly spicy combination, very efficient and quite aggressive.

Attachments

• eZy Watermark_25-11-2023_05-46-33-8130PM.jpeg
    eZy Watermark_25-11-2023_05-46-33-8130PM.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
20231124_081508.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1952 X1 Black Tip Super Speed
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless
Brush: Paladin Beehive Satin Butterscotch
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Logbook
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care: