What's new

💈 🪒 💈 🪒 SOTD "Samples and Travel/Trial Sized Shaving Items WEEK" October 16th - 22nd, 2023 💈 🪒 💈 🪒

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_8023.jpeg

1) Portugal: Brush Semogue Galahad Boar.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tallow Tabac.
3) England: Razor Gillette Goodwill.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: EDT Pierre Cardin Bleu Marine.

Sat 21
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Ozark Mountain
Brush Boti 24mm Lemon Candy
Razor Henkels & Friodur 472
Love this awesome soap & matching splash scent. The lather was top creamy & slick too!
Love shaving with this razor too. Converted the razor's already good diamond balsa edge to the HBA and it felt more comfortable on the skin...
20231021_150300.jpg

SOTD: 10/20/2023

Razor: Gillette Sensor Excel, 4th use
Brush: HC&C The Awesome Shave Brush
Preshave: PAA Enigma Machine CUBE 2.0
Soap: MacDuffs Soap Co. Haunted Cabin
Aftershave: MacDuffs Soap Co. Haunted Cabin
Additional Care: Thayer’s Cucumber WH
Fragrance: Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight In Paris EdT​
View attachment 1735828
5 out 5 tonight, wanted a quick fall scented shave and the Sensor along with the MacDuffs delivered.
Nice to see the Gillette sensor razor. I used to shave with this razor when I was much younger. And I have pleasant memories.

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Yaqi 28mm Syn
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson Ti**
Blade
Kai
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is a sad day for me. Last year on this day my beautiful wife passed away. So, today I am using one of the brushes that she liked, the Yaqi 28mm syn, and the Jimmy Choo Man Intense fragrance which she gave me as a present. This is my 6th shave in a row with the Henson Ti** and a Kai blade. The shave was good. The MdC soap is on its 260th use.

21 October, 2023
Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Astra SS
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 1 Super
Soap: Los Jabones De Joserra: Spanish Fern
Fragrance: Tabac Vert by Rogue Perfumery
more than likely this will be my last shave for a few weeks.. throat operation on Tuesday, so no shaving up to op day to avoid cuts/nicks which may lead to infection...

View attachment 1735952

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Yaqi 28mm Syn
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson Ti**
Blade
Kai
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is a sad day for me. Last year on this day my beautiful wife passed away. So, today I am using one of the brushes that she liked, the Yaqi 28mm syn, and the Jimmy Choo Man Intense fragrance which she gave me as a present. This is my 6th shave in a row with the Henson Ti** and a Kai blade. The shave was good. The MdC soap is on its 260th use.

My condolences, Jim

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, October 21st 2023

Razor : Yaqi Chrome Mercury razor head with a RR UFO 316 SSP handle- Mfg 2022>, mild range. Very well thought out head with a built in angle sweet spot. Great for a person learning or seasoned shaver with sensitive skin + also affordable . Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette Nacet(2) sharp and smooth with great longevity. Top tier blade of my top 6.
Soap : Yaqi "The Green" Very nice scented natural scent(Lacoste essential green) with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Viper" 24mm boar bristle brush, Excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristle hairs, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. This brush handle caught my eye and it lathers great and handle fits good in my hand.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi "The Green" :001_wub: splash(Lacoste essential green, similarity) with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Chrome Mercury razor head with a Gillette Nacet blade.
SOTD October 21 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Shave Date 10/21/23
Razor:
Rex Envoy
Blade: Treet 7 day (5)
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0.
Soap: Noble Otter Rawr
Brush: Omega Boar
Post-shave: Alum Block, Thayers, PAA Mysterium Serum, Noble Otter Rawr
Bowl: Douglas Smith Pottery Suribachi Shaving Bowl
Rating: 9.25/10 DFS++ Cheeks and DFS+ on the neck. 0 weeper.

Notes here.

Another improved shave today, I had a rough start to the week with two shaves that left my face very irritated. I adjusted my passes to limit my ATG passes to just two on the face and jawline, doing only XTG passes on the neck. Results are much reduced irritation and just about the same level of closeness. Just shy of BBS on the face and the neck area is just about the same level of closeness minus the irritation I get from going ATG on the neck.

The scent of Rawr is a light one and refreshing, reminiscent of my Creed Aventus Dups I have. Although Noble Otter makes no reference to Aventus in its description. I very nice scent for days when I want to go in the polar opposite direction of B&M The Hallows or Southern Witchcraft Autumn Ash.

College football is on the agenda today. I wish everyone a truly blessed weekend, may all your shaves be BBS, nick, and weeper free.

IMG_1500.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom