What's new

🪒 🪒 “SOTD - New Shaving Gear Theme Week” January 31st, 2022 to February 6th, 2022 🪒 🪒

Status
Not open for further replies.
D4117C01-D79B-46BC-B716-8C5EB1831DDA.jpeg

WEBER PH | KAI (2)

SOTD : 5th February 2022.

e.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & Head
Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Vitos Vegetal shaving soap.
Blade: Ted Pella PTFE SS.( D1)
Blade: Personna PTFE SS.(D5)
Razor: Gem Featherweight. (Face)
Razor: Schick Type G Injector. (Head)
Cold water Face & Head Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel./Milton Lloyd The Man Silver EdT.

Greetings,

Face & Head shave.

A new shave set up to start the weekend....After the fantastic shaves i had with the Schick Type G Injector in my previous weeks shaves i was curious to try a shave with this delightful vintage razor...I shall be trying out both the Gem Featherweight & the Pella PTFE SS Gem blade with all my Shave's throughout the week to adjust and familiarize myself with the razor.

Head shave: The Personna PTFE SS still felt smooth and efficient on it's 5th outing with no indication of dulling.. My initial thoughts was i would struggle when shaving the back of my head with the natural angle of the Schick which is different to a DE razor angle but yet again i had no reason to doubt myself as after the atg pass i found my shaving angle and felt comfortable to carry on...After my combined xtg/atg + pick up pass my head felt silky smooth with no feeling of irritation or any signs of blood running down my precious swede....The longevity of the Personna PTFE SS has really impressed me with it's performance feeling very smooth comfortable, and efficient with each shave.

Face Shave: As i'm familiar and have had some experience with using my Ever-Ready i was excited to see how the Featherweight would perform with the Ted Pella blade which i've never tried before...The verdict?....From my first stroke with the Featherweight i felt a noticeable difference in blade feel with the Ted Pella PTFE blade which feels more efficient but with the same smoothness as the Personna PTFE SE blade...The razor's appearance and condition is immaculate. I felt comfortable with the Feather weight after a few strokes finding my shaving angle. My only initial doubt with the Featherweight was i thought the lightness of the razor would possibly have made the razor feel unbalanced, but i was completely wrong in my assumption as the razor is easy to hold the shaving angle manoeuvrable, and well balanced considering it's a lot lighter than my Gem micromatic OC, and E-R's SE razors...The weight doesn't hinder the shaving performance in any way....It's all down to good technique & shaving confidence.

Like all my other SE vintage razors i love the audio feedback and feel of the Featherweight doing its work which is very satisfying and more importantly telling me that i'm using the correct shaving angle.

A enjoyable close comfortable, smooth near BBS face and head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd The Man Silver EdT to the chest & pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. 😎

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
BFD2CC2A-1E30-425E-94C3-27FA47812377.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Special Pure Badger.
2) USA: Shaving Cream Captain’s Choice North Shaving Cream.
3) USA: Razor Gillette Tech.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette Silver Blue.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) USA: Aftershave Balm Captain’s Choice North Aftershave Balm.
7) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

SOTD - Nivea Shaving Stick Debut - Fatip Friday Morning Feb 4, 2022

Razor:
Fatip Piccolo Nickel Open Comb - excellent value, legendary performance
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum (2) - my top blade, sharp & smooth winner
Brush: Frank Shaving 2-Band Manchurian Finest Badger Brush - no scritch, good scrub, soft tips
Soap: Nivea Shaving Stick - nice scent, sturdy container, good performer
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman A/S, Nivea Maximum Hydration Post Shave Balm - smells great, soothing
Growth: 65 hours
Passes: WTG, XTG
Rating: 10/10

Results: First shave with Nivea Shave Stick. Sturdy container, perfect for travel. Nice Niveaish soapy scent. Decent slickness, glide & post shave feel. Quick 10 minute morning shave. Rare warm water face lather with Frank Shaving 2-Band Manchurian Finest Badger Brush. BBS result with the mighty Piccolo. Great Shave! All my 2 pass BBS shaves are with Fatip razors. Nivea Shave Stick is a good addition to my shave stick roster of La Toja, Arko, Cremo Moisturizing Coconut Mango, Cremo Original Classic & Cremo Cooling Refreshing Mint.

IMG_20220204_080715685.jpg

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleaner
Soap/Cream
Ethos Lavender
Brush
Zenith Manchurian
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
RR Stealth Slant
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Neutrogena Triple Protect
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
I decided to go with the RR Stealth Slant and Wizamet blade for a second shave. This is one nice combo. Today’s brush is the Zenith Manchurian. The Zenith is an incredible value. It has become one of my favorite brushes. The lather and razor-blade combo made for a perfect BBS shave. Have a good day, folks.

IMG_20220204_214216.jpg

Feb. 05, 2021 – Valentine's Shaves 05

• Razor: Winning Razor
  • Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (5)
  • Brush: 28mm G5 Synthetic – AP Shave Co.
  • Bowl: 3D Printed Custom Shave Scuttle
  • Lather: Vanille de Tabac – A&E
  • Post Shave: History 101 – Summer Break Soaps

Another great shave from A&E, the scent is classically masculine. A great finish from this razor with the blade on shave #5, fully BBS and I'm ready to roll.

SOD Saturday February 5, 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Pre shave: None
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Samhain
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Face WTG-XTG-ATG
Head WTG:XTG-ATG
Blade: Feather HI Stainless (2)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: None
Balm: Southern Witchcrafts Samhain

Have a great day!!
IMG_8816.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sat, Feb 5th 2022, New razor testing + 1st shave!

Razor: Yaqi V3 TFC adjustable with Gun metal handle- Mfg 2021> excellent adjustable razor, 1st shave, I read a little on line about this razor and concluded it would be great around 1-3 setting for myself and folks where correct. Started out around 2 and then 1 and pickups 3 and it was mostly a carefree shave for myself. I like the 1 & 2 range mostly and felt it was a nice sweet spot for my self not aggressive but efficient and my 1 day stubble did not stand a chance.
My razor felt equal on both sides when turned 180 degrees and that was great feeling because that was a good test for any razor that the machining is accurate enough .
Grip of razor was adequate with medium knurling, adjustment on top worked well and there are a lot in-between settings.
After all said & done with my 1st shave I pulled out the Alum block that does not lie and did my sweep of the face and indicated really not much of anything for stinging!
The razor finish on the out side is very good and under the cap looked reasonable but not perfect, might be a bargain for some folks who always wanted a Gibbs style razor that takes regular DE blades like myself!
So my shave also hit my sweet spot for final results after 2 passes with pickups of DFS,BBS (DFS++) shave :thumbup: :001_smile .
Yes, I could of gotten a much closer shave on 4>6> settings no doubt but that is not always my goal , and not always a comfortable shave on higher settings as most already know with adjustable razors.
Blade: Gillette Nacet(4) excellent sharp & smooth blade.
Soap : Speick stick, nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Robin 24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hairs, great scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Alum block with rinse after 30-60 seconds + Razorock King Louis Lavender Aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing cream + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi TFC adj with a Gillette Nacet blade.
SOTD Feb 5 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

@Jgreenepa - Happy Birthday, and thank you for sharing your inspiring story- God bless you and your wife!

Friday SOTD- two passes to BBS-, super nice shave, no mishaps or irritation:

Pre-shave: an hot relaxing shower
Razors: Maxwell June twinned DE
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (3)
Brush: DS Cosmetic 22mm super badger- pretty recent acquisition; a bit of a lather hog today, but it may loosen up some with use
Soap: B&M Seville- a nice lathering pleasant scented soap with good performance
Post-shave: cold rinse, then some Floid Black AS, my most recent AS purchase

Have a wonderful weekend!

View attachment 1404549
Thanks, Richard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom