6/8 TI Le Grelot
Czech & Speake №88
Crabtree & Evelyn Brush
Adidas Dynamic Pulse

proxy.php

Great pics gentlemen!! :thumbup1:

Sunday

Bukhave Scuttle
(naming it after the potter, as I've got another one on the way :001_smile)

Safetyrazors Silvertip
Lenrub 8/8"

T&H West Indian Limes Shaving Cream
T&H West Indian Limes Aftershave Balm

The West Indian Limes series was rather a disappointment scent-wise, I can't detect any lime, at least what I understand as lime.
Furthermore something in those products doesn't agree with my skin, so I'll have to let them go - too bad because the quality of both cream and aftershave is very good.

Have a nice Sunday, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Beautiful shot Soren! :001_cool: Too bad about the T&H reaction. Is it just the WI Limes or all T&H creams? :blink:

Vintage Williams
Omega boar brush
Schick G6 injector
NOS Pal stainless blade

Based on the bicentennial shaving mug promotion that came with the soap, it's from 1976, or perhaps the year before.

Now that is a VINTAGE Williams! :w00t: Let us know how it compares to the present Williams. It would be interesting to know. I guess the Proraso has finally been extinguished. :laugh:

Looking to clear out some room, I stumbled on some Honeybee Eucalyptus SS in an Anchor Hocking bowl.

Figuring it a prime candidate to move, I figured I'd better test it first.

• Merkur 1904
  • Feather (3)
  • Semogue 620
  • HoneyBee Eucalyptus SS
  • Aqua Velva

The HoneyBee Eucalyptus Stays. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Great pictures gentlemen!

Sunday Shave:

PC EO Blend SS
Shavemac 21mm finest
Dovo Special 5/8
Aqua Velva
Proraso pre/post (as post)

A nice cool shave today!

SOTD Saturday July 24, 2010

Razor: 5/8 Wostenholm Pipe Razor Full Hollow Round Point
Soap/Mug: Tabac
Scuttle: RAB Ceramic
Brush: Col Conk Barbershop Badger
ASB: Nivea replenishing
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

Used the Tabac SS same as usual. Didn't observe much glide or cushion. It was very similar to the Williams SS but didn't dry as fast. IMHO the Tabac doesn't have cushion. I could feel the razor on the skin during the shaving strokes however, the Tabac does the same as the Williams in that it encases the whiskers and stands them up for cutting. The Tabac delivered a very close and comfortable shave and provided exactly what you would expect a lather to do. It's a great soap but no glide or cushion IMHO. :001_cool:

Nice shot! :thumbup1:

OK, so the your notes on Tabac make me more interested in the Ogalla (which I've been on the fence about trying) now that I have a good calibration. :biggrin1:

SOTD Sunday July 25, 2010

Razor: 5/8 Tiger Wedge Hollow Point
Shaving Cream: Musgo Real
Lather Bowl: Ceramic
Scuttle: RAB Ceramic
Brush: Medium Badger
ASB: Nivea Replenishing
Aftershave: Mennen Original Skin Bracer

Super BBS shave this morning! (Probably because I shaved so late yesterday afternoon) AAR, slicker than frog smot on a doorknob! LOL The Musgo real shave cream performed great this morning. My observation of it realized that elusive factor I call cushion. The Musgo Real had it. I could feel the razors edge moving across the skin but there was a softness that I didn't feel with the shaving soaps (except the Ogallala) that IMHO I consider the cushion. I wouldn't say the Musgo had a lot of slipperiness but it didn't feel as dry or as heavy as the soaps either. (Probably the Bentonite clay used in the soaps gives it that heaviness.) I'm not sure what the base is in the Musgo. It doesn't say on the packaging. I love this shaving cream! Not only does it perform great the scent of the Musgo is well worth the price of the tube! Wonderful scent, good performance and great price; one of my favorite creams! Great shaves shown this week by all Gentlemen. Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

Nice shot! :thumbup1:

OK, so the your notes on Tabac make me more interested in the Ogalla (which I've been on the fence about trying) now that I have a good calibration. :biggrin1:

The Ogallala is some great stuff Mike! It's really cheap (make that economical) as well at about $5. bucks a huge puck. A puck of that stuff will last 6 months to a year so it's easy to include it in your shave soap rotation. It comes in lots of different scents as well. My favorite is the Bay Rum and Sandalwood. :tongue_sm What's that old saying..."Try it you'll like it!" :laugh:

Now that is a VINTAGE Williams! :w00t: Let us know how it compares to the present Williams. It would be interesting to know. I guess the Proraso has finally been extinguished. :laugh:

The vintage Williams is definitely good stuff, but I want to get several more shaves with it before saying exactly how good.

The sun is shining, and I've been meaning to go for a bike ride. Why the heck am I catching up on this forum?:lol: Later!:a23:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom