What's new

SOTD - February 15, 2010 through February 21, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardware: Gillette Ball-handled Tech w/Derby blade, Mr. Krabs (C&E BBB), Weller bowl

Software: Dave's Mystic Lime Glucerin Preshave, Susie's Bubbles & Squeak Lime soap, witch hazel, Pinaud Lime Sec AS, SCS Oakmoss Lavendula EDT, Corn Huskers.

Whoops, clicked on the wrong button.

Sorry. Never mind. Move along, nothing to see here.

Last edited:
Hey guys, new to the site. I'm a college student here in CT and I wanted to try and bring some joy to a thing that most guys hate... shaving. went to Gentlemen's Best in Southington, CT and had an awesome experience. this was the result of my first shave with Gillette Slim & Rooney Super Badger Brush... baby smooth on the cheeks, not so much on the neck. had a lot of trouble maintaining blade angle on the neck because the hair on the sides of my neck grows towards my ears. any pointers? suggestions? sorry if the photo quality is poor btw...

that's pretty good for a first attempt.:thumbup1:

Certainly a socially acceptable shave (SAS).

Map the grain on your neck and try to keep with the grain for the first pass. The neck requires a lot of practice.

Great first post! I also agree that looks like a SAS to me.

What's your setup looking like currently? Has any aquisition disorder (AD) kicked in yet? :lol:

HAGS (have a great shave,
Chrislols

Monday, February 15, 2010
View attachment 88839
HARDWARE:
Gillette Slim Adjustable Safety Razor USA (N2) 1968.
Gillette Bleue Extra.
Simpsons Emperor 2 (Super Badger Hair/2 band) knot = 19mm Loft = 48 mm.

SOFTWARE:
Haslinger Meeresalgen/Bay Leaf Shave Soap (made in Vienna/Austria).
The Canadian Booster Co. Polar Ice After Shave Lotion.
Gillette After Shave Gel.

Have a nice Monday !
Eelco

the hair on my neck grows in very strangely... bottom portion grows toward the chin. middle grows down and the sides grow towards my ears. i just went downwards on my first pass... so should i go with the grain in all three sections for my first pass?

as for what i am using... i have a 50's gillette slim, rooney super badger brush, trumper's shaving soap, astra blades, and sheick aftershave balm. i've shaved twice with it and am really just trying to get consistent with my current setup

Hey guys, new to the site. I'm a college student here in CT and I wanted to try and bring some joy to a thing that most guys hate... shaving. went to Gentlemen's Best in Southington, CT and had an awesome experience. this was the result of my first shave with Gillette Slim & Rooney Super Badger Brush... baby smooth on the cheeks, not so much on the neck. had a lot of trouble maintaining blade angle on the neck because the hair on the sides of my neck grows towards my ears. any pointers? suggestions? sorry if the photo quality is poor btw...

that looks very impressive for a first straight shave.

proxy.php

Monday morning - apparently this is Slim Adjustable day for everyone :biggrin1:

Proraso Cutting Edge Cleansing Glycerin Bar
Proraso Aloe & Green Tea pre-shave
Gillette Slim Adjustable w. Derby Extra (4)
B&B Essential
Tabac
Tabac aftershave
Thayer's Witch Hazel

Regards.

Jakob

Edwin Jagger Best BadgerXL : Merkur 37C + Astra : Trumper's Limes Skinfood : Trumper's Coconut SC : Thayers WH

proxy.php

II.15.2010
Monday:

Slim Adjustable w/ Bleue Extra (4)
Vulfix Grosvenor bristle & badger
Speick SS
Mennen Green Tonic AS
[Speick EdC]

Grating the Speick was the best thing I could have done. What a creamy lather! :biggrin1:

Cheers,
Vasco

proxy.php

The Worlds most PIF'd Slant
Feather (1)
Omega 49
Palmolive SS
Ogallalla Bay Rum AS
FLP Pure Aloe Vera Gel

Great pics so far Gentlemen, nice way to start of the week :thumbup:

And just to separate myself from the majority I'm not going to use a Slim :biggrin1:

Monday

Omega 11137
Zepp Straight

Arko Shave stick
Floid Suave After Shave (Spanish version)

I spent yesterdays afternoon trying to develop some kind of technique within the art of honing.
Today I put my skills to the test. Not the best shave I've had, but it was possible to shave with it - so far so good.
It can be more sharp that's for sure, so back to the coticule and pratice some more.

Have a nice Monday out there :001_smile

proxy.php

proxy.php

Monday morning - apparently this is Slim Adjustable day for everyone :biggrin1:

Proraso Cutting Edge Cleansing Glycerin Bar
Proraso Aloe & Green Tea pre-shave
Gillette Slim Adjustable w. Derby Extra (4)
B&B Essential
Tabac
Tabac aftershave
Thayer's Witch Hazel

Regards.

Jakob

Jakob that is classic:thumbup1:

T&H Pre-Shave Oil • Shavemac D01 • Palmolive Soap • Mühle R41 w/ Iridium Super (2) • Provence Sante Verlaine + 444
Bois 1920 - Classic 1920

proxy.php

Kent BK12 | Geo F. Trumper's Rose Shaving Soap
Talmassen Féret 398, 6/8
Lotion Opaline | Geo F. Trumper's Coral Skin Food
Domenico Caraceni 1913

proxy.php

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Just before Midnight Valentines straight shave due to hospital time. No shave this morning, just a splash of Old Spice clone aftershave and 3 spritz of Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque.

Gillette 1969 Adjustable on 3 with Wilkinson Sword Blade
Geo F Trumper's Lavender SC
Jaguar R260 Best Badger
Denim Fire ASL

sorry I'm kinda lazy on the pics though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom