Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB
Blade: King C Gillette (made in Russia)
Brush: Mozingo ZT4
Soap: Eufros Fougere
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Rogue Bon Monsieur

IMG_2270.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Razor: Gillette "Psycho" Tech (1952 English X1)
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless

Lather: HC&C x HSB 12 Shaves
Brush: AKA Brushworx Winter Shine
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements Fine Lather Bowl

Aftershave: HC&C x HSB 12 Shaves

Right off the bat, I have to say that I was blown away by this soap! In my opinion, the scent is simply outstanding! It's inspired by Danger Pour Homme by Roja Dove. If you know who Roja Dove is then you know that he's had a long career and is a much-loved perfumer. Anyway…

This scent is just divine! I'm really in love with its smooth and sexy qualities. It's almost like a dark aphrodisiac with its creamy floral and citrus notes. It's sort of a vintage, classy love potion. I won't say that it's loud but you won't go unnoticed.

I do also appreciate the fact that this release is meant to honor those that are, or have been impacted by Dementia or Alzheimers. I have been impacted by these diseases indirectly and can tell you they are really hard to deal with for everyone involved.

The honor is also meant for the man on the label, Mr. Bruce Willis who is currently battling frontotemporal dementia. I honestly love this man, and the movies he's started in. How can you not? And if you'd didn't already know, the label is based on the movie "12 Monkeys". Which every sci-fi fan should see if they haven't already.

My shave was very enjoyable and smooth sailing. The Tech razor was mild but efficient due to the Nacet. With its "psycho" moniker I thought it rather fitting for this shave. Don't you think?

Thanks for reading. Take care of yourself and your loved ones. And enjoy your shaves.

SOTD: 14th October 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 48.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: OSP Neroli Shaving Soap.
Razor: FaTip Grande. (Face) - Gillette London Bridge. (D1)
Razor: Gillette Guard. (Head) (D1)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./4711 Original EDC-ASL./Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend.

Everything in my set up this morning worked together wonderfully...The FaTip Grande / Gillette London Bridge continue to be a superb smooth efficient duo.

An enjoyable comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Sat 14
Soap & Aftershave Tabac & RazoRock Puros
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
Top quality lather from the soap whip-up superbly by the excellent brush!
This razor was refreshed on the HBA. The edge was already good but feels better - softer & buttery smooth. Enjoyed 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20231014_125650.jpg

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Timeless SS SB.68
Blade
Kai
Aftershave
Thayers WH & AoS Sandalwood ASB
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the 4th shave in a row with my Timeless SS SB .68 and a Kai blade. Another superior shave with this razor. I am pleasantly surprised that the Kai is giving me so many smooth shaves. Today I am going with my Muhle Silvertip Fibre brush. This brush at one time was my travel brush. I find this synthetic most like a badger. The MdC soap is on its 253rd use. A perfect shave. Have a good day, folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, October 14th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Flipside dual comb SB- Mfg 2019>, mid + milder comb side range. First dual comb SB and it works excellent for close comfortable shaves. Interesting design and won this razor in a Yaqi live sale last year + it shaves very well. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : GSB (3) sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity. Top tier blade.
Soap : Ach Brito Lavanda, nice mild Lavanda with a slight scent of mint also to me + excellent lather qualities for protection.
Brush : Yaqi "Cola" 22 mm Plissoft style synthetic knot , excellent lather generator, soft cloud like tips, good back bone for scrubbing + excellent lather painter. I always wondered why Yaqi never put a 22mm 2band badger in this beautiful handle.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda cologne AS:001_wub: with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 weeper=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi flipside dual SB & open comb with a GSB blade.
SOTD October 14 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom