🪒 🧼 SOTD "B&B SUPPORTING VENDOR WEEK" May 29th to June 4th, 2023 🪒 🧼

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modern May 2023

Razor: Lambda Ares
Blade: King C (1)
Brush: B and B Contributors Brush 2023
Preshave: PAA The Cube
Soap: Rex Supply 1955 (Tallow based, yes that Tallow thing)
Aftershasve: Old Spice Original (glass bottle, made in Italy), Unscented Balm (on neck area, more prone to irritation and 10 minutes after using splash on face) worked out nicely

(If this is too long for your reading you can skip of course or even if it was shorter you can always skip, this is just my thoughts after a shave :001_smile)

This Lambda Ares razor is awesome! I really, really like it. It did have low blade reveal, not alot of blade feel (but blade feel does not bother me), it was gentle, smooth and efficient. Even though it was open comb, and I like open comb razors as their teeth don't bother me, they the open comb teeth did not bother me one bit, like they are so smooth on the skin its like in alot of way their not there, if that makes sense, but you know their there, just a really great razor, 1st shave in.

The King C, one of my favorite blades, works in anything, did a good job as always, sharp and smooth for me.

PAA Cube, nothing to say there, works wells for me.

The Rex Supply 1955 soap, yes you read that right, Tallow based, I have not used this in a long time but it worked out really well and did a great job as always.

The B and B Contributors Brush 2023 with the Paladin Badger hair, just an outstanding brush from looks and the Badger hair, not sritchy at all, produced a great face lather, really enjoyable to use, I really, really like it, its terrific.

This was my first time using the Old Spice Aftershave Originial (or any Old Spice aftershave) I got it off of Amazon and it was said in comments the one made in Italy is better than the one made in India, also came in a glass bottle, its why I commented on it, I really enjoyed it, nice splash, spell. I used a special unscented balm afterwards, it worked out nicely.

This was a terrific shave on 8 days growth, this Ares is great, first shave in and I am really really liking it. I went WTG, WTG with touchs then ATG. No necks, nicks, weeper and irritation. Got a BBS very nice. Very happy with it.

20230529_155507.jpg

Last edited:
Tue 30
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor J. R. Torrey 5/8
A very nice soap & matching splash...cooling, smells refreshing with a creamy and slick lather whip-up with the excellent brush.
Another wonderful shave with this razor. Stroped on the roo leather, the edge was buttery smooth and crisply keen in 3 passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230530_074716.jpg

SOTD: 30th May 2023.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face
Brush: Omega 11137.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch & Lanolin Shaving Soap.
Razor: 1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG)
- Dorco Prime Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Kanzy K100. (Head/Dome)- Dorco Prime Platinum. (D1.)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Floid Mentholado Vigorso ASL. / Cien Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave,

A wonderful early morning face & head shave....A great performance from the Haslinger Schafmilch.

My mature skin loves shaving soap that contains lanolin the slickness and post shave feel this soap delivers is superb...Wonderful stuff!

An enjoyable early morning face & head shave to finish my last shave of May with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face & head are feeling cool & super smooth.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
C357AA7A-471E-4510-8359-24F14F0FA4E5.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10066.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso Red Tub.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 25C.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette Nacet.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: Cologne Jovan Musk.

View attachment 1662347

Razor: Wade & Butcher

Lather: Historic & Oak Embargo
Brush: Vie-Long (horse)
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Aftershave: Historic & Oak Embargo
Post 2: Historic & Oak balm

I took my time with this shave. I wanted to do further testing with this soap and the post-shave products. I also wanted to take my time and do more passes with this Wade & Butcher straight razor as I continue advancing as a straight razor user.

The soap is on the firmer side. It's not hard but it's not soft like many artisan croaps these days. Just sharing this in case you were wondering.

Once you hit it with water and a brush it immediately starts turning into a lather. With a little work, it turns into a very dense lather. I have to say I really enjoy the lather that this soap produces. It's slick and quite nice.

I was craving the smokey, boozy alluring fragrance that is Embargo. With its strong, rugged accord you're sure to attract attention. It's unmistakably masculine.

All in all, I had a really nice shave with this combination of wares and have no qualms recommending this and other products from H&O.

Speaking of other products, the aftershave and balm are both great. I really mean it. You can immediately notice the quality. I know it's love to try some of their other scent offerings as well.

Alright, my friends. Thanks for reading. Enjoy your shaves.
That's a wonderful razor you got there...thanks for sharing!

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Simpson Duke 3 in Best
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skinfood
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the fourth shave with a Feather AS-D2 razor paired with a Feather blade. Another excellent shave. This razor/blade combo always gives me many quality shaves. For some reason, I get many more shaves with a Feather blade when I use this razor. Today’s brush is a Simpson Duke three in best – the first Simpson brush I purchased. I am now up to 121 uses of the MdC soap. A perfect shave. Have a great day.

Pre-shave: Saponificio Varesino "Burro di Karité"
Brush: Badger International
Lather: Tabula Rasa "Vetiver & Tangerine"
Razor: 1960 Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip
Blade: Treet "Classic"
Witch hazel: Thayers "Lavender"
Alum block: Osma
After shave: Denim "Musk"
Face cream: Dove Men+ Care "Ultra Hydra"

2023-05-30.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Tuesday, May 30th 2023

Razor : Yaqi TFC adjustable, 2 pc - Mfg 2021>, well thought out adjustable and it has a similar design as the 1930's French Gibbs adjustable but the Yaqi TFC takes regular Gillette blades where the Gibbs took proprietary blades. This little razor works very well and I received a excellent stellar shave this morning with no issues.
Blade : Personna red(2) sharp and smooth with great longevity. Top tier blade.
Soap : Ogallala Bayrum with sage and cedarwood, nice scent of Bayrum with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Bali" 24mm 3band silvertip badger, heavenly pillow like soft tips, great splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG (3) + ATG(3) + pickups (4 setting)= excellence.
Post shave : Witch hazel beard wash + Ogallala Bayrum & Sandalwood:001_wub: + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2) 1 10.545.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent stellar shave with my Yaqi TFC adjustable with a Personna red blade.
SOTD May 30 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom