What's new

🏈🥃🎸🍺🎬🔪 “SOTD - B&B Subforums! Theme Week” November 27th to December 3rd, 2023 🏈🥃🎸🍺🎬🔪

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello B&Bers… One of my favourite themes this week!

For this SOTD Theme Week, we want to see your favourite shaving items paired with items that are discussed in other B&B Subforums.

This Theme is an EASY one… Choose another B&B subforum and incorporate that theme into your shots. I.E. Whisky, sports, watches, footwear, pipes or cigars, knives, music, etc. pretty much anything! The more different themes you can incorporate, the more impressed your B&B friends will be!

And as usual, if you don’t have anything themed… post pics of your shave or just tell us about it!

As also as usual usual, being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

HAVE SOME FUN THIS WEEK!

Menthol Monday SOTD
20231126_124615.jpg

Razor: ATT X1 SE/Calypso Slant
Blade: Feather Artist Club Pro(D1)
Brush: Semogue 2000
Bowl: Asfreidaturns Texas Mesquite 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Custom Frosted Woodland
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Colbeck

Razor: Goodfellas Valynor
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue Old (1)
Brush: Omega 6619 Silvertip
Preshave: PAA The Cube
Soap: Kaliflower Tjara (Pine)
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Sport, Nivea Men Sensitive Skin Cool Shave Balm

(If this is too long for your reading you can skip of course or even if it was shorter you can always skip, this is just my thoughts after a shave :001_smile)

Well a few new things I tried today. The Goodfellas Valynor, the Lord of Rings themed razor, I like it. It was a gentle, efficient, smooth razor, very comfortable to hold, good weight, nimble enough, really did enjoy it.

The Gillette Silver Blue Old (as I call them as they are ones prior to the current ones that are currently harder to find) are just an exceptional blade, I really like these, comfortably sharp, exceptionally smooth, can be used for a beginner, for an experienced shaver, I thoroughly enjoy these.

The Omega 6619 Silvertip, first time using it. The handle size of 74mm was very comfortable when using, never once had any issues with holding the handle, grip or had any discomfort. I have large hands but this was really quite comfortable to grip and hold. The knot itself, well it is quite soft, the tips are soft and I'd say not alot of backbone, typical for a silvertip but this is a good quality one here. Not being a brush afficiando, the hairs were soft, there was no scritch of any kind, created lather very easily and was very comfortable to use. I had extra lather for 1 extra pass if I needed it with out issues, knot size 25mm x 58 mm loft in case anyone was interested.

The Kaliflower Tjara (Pine) interesting soap here. It has a unique strong smell, the smell of pine tar basically. I found it different but again somehow enjoyable. Not sure this would be for everyone but did create great lather and post shave is really nice so its a nice soap, if you like the smell of it.

Aqua Velva Ice sport, nice touch, just that cooling effect as it has some menthol in it, which I enjoy and the scent to. Nivea Men Sensistive Skin Cool Balm does the job as always.

A three pass shave, very comfortable and refreshing DFS+/BBS.

20231126_185847.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_8698.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Germany: Shaving Cream Nivea Men Sensitive shaving cream.
3) USA: Razor Star DE safety razor.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette Silver Blue.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.
9) Australia: Deodorant Nivea Men Black and White Max Protection.

IMG_1678.JPG

Razor: English Gillette Blue Tip Super-Speed
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (4th use)
Brush: Vielong B1508 Horsehair
Preshave: Proraso White
Cream: Palmolive Classic
Aftershave: Nelum Sandalwood After Shave Lotion

The Vielong brush arrived earlier today, and I was eager to use it before Decemboar starts. After three false starts bowl lathering (I was having real trouble for some reason, I'll be charitable and just say that I was just cleaning the brush as some dark stuff came out of it), I ended up face lathering and that worked much better. It was colder today so I went with a sandalwood, but this Nelum is fairly cooling due to menthol which isn't something I've seen put with sandalwood a lot. It also has a light rose scent, not unlike Old Spice. In some ways I prefer it to Old Spice. It leaves a lovely skin feel.

Fougere Monday Morning

Second outing with the EverReady 1912 style this time with a PAL Carbon. I'm beginning to like the Carbon blades in certain razors. This was a smooth AutoPilot shave.

EverReady 1912 Style Razor with Chain Link Handle
PAL Carbon Blue Blade (1X)
Le Pere Lucien Cologne-Fougere Shave Soap
Vintage Rubberset No. 89 Horse Brush
BRUT Splash On
Proraso White Balma

6F19FA5D-ACBC-4C10-80D1-ACF98BE59456-compressed.jpeg

Cyber Monday
Pre-shave: Hims High Tide Hydrating Cleanser /Cremo Coconut-Mango Shave Cream
Razor: Gillette Short Comb New
Blade: Silver Star Super Stainless
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs 2020 Limited Edition 2-band
Soap: C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream
Aftershave: Alum/Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic/Areffa Discoverer ASL
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro Boost

SOTD, Monday, November 27th, 2023

Shower at gym + glycerin soap face lather and rinse
Creed vetiver shave soap
Omega badger brush
Merkur Vision safety razor + Gillette Silver Blue stainless blade
Cool washcloth rinse
Floid vetiver aftershave balm

Weather's Great down here in Florida!!

proxy.php

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday + daily double , November 27 2023

Razor : (L) Ever-Ready Streamline SE, 2nd generation , Mfg 1949-53, mid upper range. well made to last generations, this razor seems to like a slight Steep angle & a RIGS shim to smooth it out. I like to use it when blade count gets higher to take advantage of its blade feel. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Razor : (R)Yaqi Romulus 316 SSP with a Yaqi Chippendale SSP handle 4th use, Mfg 2023>, mild to tame mid range. Small head parts make for a nimble shave, clamping is great and uses my Schick proline blades. Machining and finish are excellent and happy using my favorite standard Schick P30 blades. The razor will give a BBS with it even being on the milder side. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE blade (9) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Blade : Schick Proline p30 (2)- sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity. One of favorite AC type blades
Soap :Speick stick- nice mild spicy scented soap with excellent lather qualities. Excellent hard soap(triple milled).
Brush : Yaqi " Barber pole" 24 mm 2 band badger. Excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda cologne after shave + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : (L razor) Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Ever-Ready Streamline with a gem coated blade. Nice razor that takes a few tries to dial in I found when first purchased has been my experience.
Results : (R razor) Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =:a17: Had a nice close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Romulus SSP SE AC type razor with a Schick proline blade. Using audio feedback and neutral angle the little razor performs great.
SOTD November 27 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom