What's new

Sodded my Backyard

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Great looking garden! Impressive work.
Thanks for the paint detail too. I have some metal railings that need painting. I’d probably go spray but you got me thinking about brush on latex. There are 4 railings so maybe more time with a brush but gosh I’m so sloppy with spray I get it everywhere no
Matter what I do. Spraying a railing it like your furniture, most of the spray won’t land on the target.

Great looking garden! Impressive work.
Thanks for the paint detail too. I have some metal railings that need painting. I’d probably go spray but you got me thinking about brush on latex. There are 4 railings so maybe more time with a brush but gosh I’m so sloppy with spray I get it everywhere no
Matter what I do. Spraying a railing it like your furniture, most of the spray won’t land on the target.
Thanks. I’m really happy with it. Feels as good as it looks.

I did our stoop fence/railings a few years ago. Used a grinder to get it down to bare metal. Very old and rusty so I used metal putty and nuts/bolts to seal the spots that were prying apart.

There’s an art to applying spray paint and it’s best not to be creative like that on a windy day. Then there’s the occasional gust out of nowhere which isn’t expected…

I used to use tarps and hand hold a largish piece of heavy cardboard behind the area being sprayed. But I’ve since dropped all that. Besides the negative environmental impact of worldwide combined aerosol usage; you’re just gonna get longer lasting results from brush on applications. Pain in the *** with the hard to reach spots but “slow and steady” blah blah blah. 🤜😵‍💫🤛

Stunning my friend. Looks like it's been there for years!
Thanks. Means a lot to me. It really does look established, doesn’t it?

Our yard was shaded by a huge crabapple next door for decades. Neighbor finally took that monster down this winter (serious inner rot) and now we’ve got lots of sun. What a difference!

Always thought sod was expensive but this coverage only cost $120. Well worth it.

Love putting myself to new projects…so long as I’m able (by crackee!!).

Spring 2023 update:

Fertilizer and lime in March. Overseeded in April.
Coming up nicely in May (needs a mowing…but looking good):

IMG_2450.jpegIMG_2445.jpeg

Regarding the paint on the metal furniture (not the giant preying mantis):

Going strong but it’s been a mild winter. Still: I like it and have no problem touching up if and when needed. Nice to have more color choices.

Spring 2023 update:

Fertilizer and lime in March. Overseeded in April.
Coming up nicely in May (needs a mowing…but looking good):

View attachment 1657102View attachment 1657103

Regarding the paint on the metal furniture (not the giant preying mantis):

Going strong but it’s been a mild winter. Still: I like it and have no problem touching up if and when needed. Nice to have more color choices.
It sure looks good. The grass is now well established and the stepping stones look great. You did some nice work there.

Top Bottom