What's new

Society Of the Red Tip

What do you guys think about keeping an original condition NOS 1958 D1 Red Tip unused from a collector's standpoint? I intended to shave with this razor, but the case, razor, and original blades look like they have hardly been touched. I see no signs that this razor has been used. I'm prepared to buy another Red Tip for shaving if there is value in keeping this one as-is.
IMG_4553.jpg
IMG_4554.jpg
IMG_4555.jpg
IMG_4557.jpg

What do you guys think about keeping an original condition NOS 1958 D1 Red Tip unused from a collector's standpoint? I intended to shave with this razor, but the case, razor, and original blades look like they have hardly been touched. I see no signs that this razor has been used. I'm prepared to buy another Red Tip for shaving if there is value in keeping this one as-is.
View attachment 1785448View attachment 1785450View attachment 1785451View attachment 1785452
I would keep it and buy another one, good luck with your choice

View attachment 1785448View attachment 1785450View attachment 1785451View attachment 1785452
Use it. It's a nice piece but not serious collector grade. The case is slightly scratched and there is no accompanying instruction leaflet.

I think the blade dispenser is slightly later too. Early to mid 60's? The Gillette font looks more modern than '58.

Use, keep very clean and return to case after use.

It wants to be used.

Last edited:
Good heavens.
I just drooled on my laptop. :drool:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Use it. It's a nice piece but not serious collector grade. The case is slightly scratched and there is no accompanying instruction leaflet.

I think the blade dispenser is slightly later too. Early to mid 60's? The Gillette font looks more modern than '58.

Use, keep very clean and return to case after use.

It wants to be used.
To my eye the red tip also looks to have been repainted in a red which is too bright. It could of course be the lighting.

To my eye the red tip also looks to have been repainted in a red which is too bright. It could of course be the lighting.
I think the correct match would be Humbrol No. 20 Crimson.

AQ0020 No 20 Crimson - Gloss Tinlet No 2 (50 ml) - https://uk.humbrol.com/products/no-20-crimson-gloss-tinlet-no-2-50-ml-aq0020

It comes in the little tins for painting models. I used to paint my Airfix B-17's and Hurricanes copiously and badly with the Humbrol range.

Thanks to Mitch @mgweatherly for the info.

Last edited:
My lighting where I take photos for shaving stuff is harsh. The red on the razor looks like the same color as the case. However, I have no way of verifying if it is original, but it looks like it is. I can verify that it shaves wonderfully! It is a touch milder than a Slim Adjustable on #7, but a great shave.
IMG_4695.jpg

Top Bottom