What's new

So, I loved my Omega boar, but not the handle.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
And I liked the handle of my WCS tortoise synthetic but was only so-so about the knot. So I steamed out the synth of the WCS, and whacked the Omega 10049 handle till the Boar knot fell out, and it was a perfect fit. Some silicone and easy-peasy. 20 mn of effort and a new favorite brush!
fullsizeoutput_38c.jpeg
And on a side note, my Karve razor came today.

Looks good.

I just got a new Omega Pro to do something similar. I'll have to try the hammer. Last time I sawed and ground on the cement forever to get the flaired end small enough to fit right. Made a mess at it too. A couple of good, well placed whacks ought to do it though huh?

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
I squeezed it in a vice and used a chisel first to make the beginning of a crack. I then was setting it up in the vice and after a good whack, it fell out. I used a diagonal cutter to get rid of the black plastic ring and it was done. I felt it was no big deal if I ruined either one, but now I could not be happier.

Sure some are nicer than others, but you should be able to find something you like. Something that can keep you using that knot, unless you don't want to keep using it.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Nice work

what's the brand of silicone sealant you used? Not sure what to get when i try to set a synth knot

Top Bottom