What's new

So. How far would YOU go?

Pretty awesome Turtle. I am now on shave #7 on mine... let's see how far I get haha. Probably not 100, as I still have noobskills. :lol:

I have never been able to get past 7 or 8 shaves with these blades. Your stubble must be as soft as a lady's legs. Quite frankly I hardly believe you have much beard to begin with.

IYour stubble must be as soft as a lady's legs. Quite frankly I hardly believe you have much beard to begin with.

Normally I just put a little warm milk on and let the cat lick the whiskers away $licking-cat-smiley-emoticon.gif

So far here is what I am thinking of starting the week with

Today: Astra SP and Wilkie
Tomorrow: Black 7 o'clock and Wilkie
Tues: Polsilver and Wilkie
Wed: Feather and Wilkie
Thurs: Personna med and Wilkie

Good idea! :thumbup1:
Although I am missing the New Wilkie and 100-shave Wilkie day in this list. Just a thought. Of course it's up to you wishing to try this comparison or not.

Last edited:
Today I decided to change it up a little.

YESTERDAY

With the Astra and the Wilkie, I shaved one side with one blade and the other side with the other blade then switched sides, basically shaving both sides of my face with both blades alternately.

TODAY

With the 7 o'clock black and the Wilkie, I kept one blade on one side of my face for all passes so that I could see if there was a difference in the finished shave between the new fresh blade and the one that had 101 shaves on it (well 102 now).

Well that idea was a flop... There is absolutely no difference in the finished shave in closeness, and comfort on either side of my face.

BUT....

I can say with absolute authority that that India Black is one FINE BLADE. Man is it sharp. It made me want to put the Wilkie down... But it does that to a lot of blades so no surprise there.

As Hank Hill would say "I tell you what".......

proxy.php

Well I am exhausted. I just read through this quest in one sitting. I am amazed. I know I read it somewhere in there but I failed to make note of it. These are Wilkies made in England, any other identifying information? I know it is a long shot but if I run across a store with old stock I would like to give it a go. If someone who has more attention to detail than me would be kind enough to post any other information available on this blade I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Strange thought of the week:[FONT=&quot] A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I guess that makes me just a giant Peter.[/FONT]

Well I am exhausted. I just read through this quest in one sitting. I am amazed. I know I read it somewhere in there but I failed to make note of it. These are Wilkies made in England, any other identifying information? I know it is a long shot but if I run across a store with old stock I would like to give it a go.

If you are looking to just try the blade, I think Toothpick's Blade Exchange has a few of the English Wilkies.

These are Wilkies made in England, any other identifying information? I know it is a long shot but if I run across a store with old stock I would like to give it a go. If someone who has more attention to detail than me would be kind enough to post any other information available on this blade I would appreciate it.

Thanks

I show what the packaging looks like in the first post if you want to go back and see what the card stock and blade package looks like

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/349341-So-How-far-would-YOU-go?p=5174236#post5174236

well well... The old Feather once again.

Wilkie with 102 shaves on it stood toe to toe and I think it was a draw. Feather was sharper.. BUT it is sharper than most. The Wilkie was adequately sharp by comparison. I don't that a new unwrapped Wilkie would have been sharp enough to knock a Feather over.

proxy.php

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
If you are looking to just try the blade, I think Toothpick's Blade Exchange has a few of the English Wilkies.
negative, I just checked the stock list because I was like "what?! TGBE has this blade??" alas, it is zero. we have German, India, Saloon and a ton of regular ole wilkies

At one point I did though, but looks like someone got wise and took em out. feel free to browse though 28 pages of the thread to find out who :wink2:

If it were a race the Wilkie would be far out in front as it is on paper #3 (103 shaves on it) and the Astra, 7 o'clock black , and the feather is still on paper #1 with only 1 shave :001_smile

proxy.php

Today I will use a Persona Hospital Med blade. Not sure if I will continue using the Wilkie after today's shave as the Wilkie is holding up very respectably against the best I have so I would imagine that it will do fine when compared against any blade.

I'll see after today's shave what I will do for tomorrow. By the time I shave today I will have 4 new blades unwrapped which is a months worth of shaves if each lasts a week +/-

Today I will use a Persona Hospital Med blade. Not sure if I will continue using the Wilkie after today's shave as the Wilkie is holding up very respectably against the best I have so I would imagine that it will do fine when compared against any blade.

I'll see after today's shave what I will do for tomorrow. By the time I shave today I will have 4 new blades unwrapped which is a months worth of shaves if each lasts a week +/-

Maybe one of those four will just keep going and going.............

You might have the magic touch.

negative, I just checked the stock list because I was like "what?! TGBE has this blade??" alas, it is zero. we have German, India, Saloon and a ton of regular ole wilkies

At one point I did though, but looks like someone got wise and took em out. feel free to browse though 28 pages of the thread to find out who :wink2:

You have 5 UK Wilkies on the way for my trade. I mailed them yesterday so they should be in within the next couple of days.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
You have 5 UK Wilkies on the way for my trade. I mailed them yesterday so they should be in within the next couple of days.
I can't ever remember what's coming and going. You will likely make a few folks very happy!

I looked through all the wilkies I had and one stood out from the rest.

Is this the famous Wilkie that has made this thread one for the record books!?

Top Bottom