What's new

Smart Phone Advice

Two things have happened in my life forcing me to make a decision. Seems as though Verizon is going to stop selling airtime for my Motorola G3 flip phone, and my Fujifilm Finepix S5000 has developed the CCD problem that they were known for years ago. I may repair or upgrade the camera in the future, but for now it seems I need a smart phone with a decent camera. I can't justify a six or seven hundred dollar phone, but the Moto 4g Plus seems like it might fill my needs. What are your thoughts?

Bill

Never mind. SHMBO was mistaken, was just a Verizon billing miscommunication. Now I guess the only decision is whether to repair the Finepix or purchase something to replace it.

Bill

Hillbilly Jim.
Who I aspire to be when I grow up!! Yeah, what the recording was saying was that due to security reasons they would no longer be able to accept payment FROM our flip phones. Still like that little bridge camera. Will probably replace it with something similar.

Bill

Went a different direction. Kept the flip phone and bought a very lightly used PowerShot SX40. probably more camera than I will ever need.

Bill

Glad you got your phone & camera issues sorted out.

To comment on Moto G4 Plus, I think it has a fairly good camera that is better than most smartphones for the price. Last fall I was looking for an affordable smartphone replacement and even though the G4 Plus image quality is no match for the flagship phones from Apple, Samsung, etc it looked to be fairly good for everyday photo snaps. I watched/read more than a dozen reviews on the Moto lineup and came to the conclusion the G4 Plus was worth the extra cost over the base G4 to get the better camera and fingerprint scanner. The color rendering of the Plus was not better than the base G4 but it had a slightly wider field of view and faster shutter, fast enough that if you were taking pictures of people walking in the city their arms/feet would appear clear and not motion blur (which would occasionally be the case with the G4).

Top Bottom