Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_1604.jpeg
IMG_1606.jpeg
IMG_1608.jpeg
IMG_1612.jpeg
IMG_1613.jpeg

Mail Call.
A cased Wilkinson Sword single edge razor purchased off eBay. I have several of these that I have picked up in the past. I have never used one but I do like the look of them. I am not even sure if this one works correctly but it looks great IMHO. It does need a really good clean sanitise and they will happen later on.

The magic (guiding) eye, is an absolute sublime shave. Smooth and silky all the time. I personally couple mine with a carbon Treet SE blade and have super shaves with an end result smooth and soft skin. Go the whole hog and use a rose cream and AS when using. You'll feel great for it 👍👍👍

Just picked up my first SE style razor. After shaving for years with DE razors, I picked up a Vector. I'm not sure Ill ever go back to a DE razor. Remarkable shave. I have a beard and it makes getting clean lines very simple. It was an astonishingly smooth shave as well. I used a Feather Pro for my first ever shave and it was fantastic.

Went back today for a GEM I spotted last weekend.
20240518_152951~2.jpg

Push Button. I know next to nothing about these, such as when they were made. There is a years-old post on B&B that talks about them. A little.
20240518_153107~2.jpg

20240518_153045~2.jpg

Hopefully, this will respond well to brass polish. And let me stop you before you ask. I am not going to tell you what this cost.
20240518_153011~2.jpg

Mum's the word. 🤫

But this marks the day when I have a razor from each of The Big Three. So now I have to stock double edge, Artist Club, injectors, and GEMs.

My first Schick Injector, a G model. In about an hour, I'm going to see how this baby shaves. I hear a lot of good things about these little razors. We shall see!😊

View attachment 1850006
Wow, what a nice shave! Smooth and trouble free. I was able to move quickly and carefree without ever feeling threatened by the blade. Surprisingly nice shave from this lil razor!👍

What have you guys been hiding these things for so long?🤔

😊😊😊

Just came in today. Unfortunately, the SS Le Faulx is missing an optional base plate that I added to my order, a ++ plate. I already sent Augustin an email and hope to have that base plate issue resolved in no time. The handle was slightly modified (per my request) to give the Le Faulx better balance & feel with a smidge more weight bias towards the head.

The Vestige is in Brass and it is a looker. But, I think I should have asked Augustin to hollow out the handle on here as well (I went with an optional handle for the Vestige as the standard one did not appeal to me) as the head assembly is extremely light and that handle is a behemoth in weight. But, I’ll give it a go and if I have to swap out the handle for another brass one, so be it.

Looking forward to giving these units a thorough shave run. I know what to expect with the Le Faulx as I sampled the Classic base plate option. The + plate should do very nicely for me….

E521F462-8EAF-432F-8F9B-4A7074876DF5.jpeg

5D0D66DB-3030-4DC6-9059-AE5B2DB85E56.jpeg

75771187-1012-465E-AD97-F57B7435D958.jpeg

I've become a big fan of Schick injectors lately. I have an E and two G's and I just found this G yesterday. I think I'm looking at a G8. It had a crusty old blade in it but it was quite clean. I did some scrubbing and I thought the crude on the handle would clean up but I found that the spots are actually inclusions in the handle. I see a "22" formed into the handle near one end. Also some evidence of someone actually opening the razor by bending the spring. I see this often on razors that really aren't designed for that. I put a decent blade in it and used it last night. It was nothing short of a great shave!
IMG_9481.jpeg
IMG_9483.jpeg
IMG_9484.jpeg

Top Bottom