What's new

Simpson Brushes

I posted this in another thread I started, but it got buried deep within another forum for some reason and I didn't think it'd get read, so I thought I'd try here.
***********************************************************************************************
So, I ordered directly from Simpsons on January 3rd and still haven't received the brush. The shipping information I requested and received has no updates since January 5th when it says it's en route to Chicago O'Hare. It is linked to tracking in via USPS as well, but it only says the information (that something would be shipped) was received from Great Britain. Nothing else. I've reached out to Simpsons via email a few times and they haven't been very helpful. At what point do I just refute the CC charge for never receiving the merchandise? Over three weeks now. I'm in Texas...

I had a similar experience. No communication, and I didn't even have tracking. I had bought a couple of brushes from Simpson's in the past, and it took a few weeks from UK to Florida, but this was past due.

So I contacted them through Facebook. Turned out that AT&T was not sending their emails, or mine, through. Once notified through facebook I began using a Gmail account to keep in touch with them.

My Manchurian Tulip was for some reason unknown to them in Australia (Royal Mail) After a couple of more weeks, Mark, the CEO of Simpson, sent a faux Ivory Tulip 3 to me free of charge, and told me if the faux marble Tulip 3 ever shows up keep it for your trouble. It showed up to my door a week or so later. They are good people and it is probably a glitch in the communications. Good luck !

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Check with your CC company about the dispute period. Also, January 3rd may still have been during the holiday period in many places in Europe.

Many problems seemed to have occurred at the holiday season, but I don't know of anyone who did not eventually receive their purchases. Martin de Candre had issues. Myself and a friend ordered soaps on about December 6th +/- a couple of days, my shipment was delayed a couple of weeks, his about 5 weeks! But he eventually got them and the tracking wasn't much help.

I am impressed that with modern logistics and tracking, postal services do not seem to lose shipments like they used to decades ago. You'll get it eventually.

Cheers, Steve

Last edited:

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
[MENTION=3030]JimmyHAD[/MENTION], they obviously sent your brush to the wrong Melbourne postal facility...

Cheers, Steve

@JimmyHAD, they obviously sent your brush to the wrong Melbourne postal facility...

Cheers, Steve
[MENTION=73183]Steve56[/MENTION] I never thought of that, and apparently Mark Watterson (Simpson CEO) didn't either, because he was bewildered by tracking showing it in Australia. Turned out the dark cloud had a silver lining for me :thumbup:

$2_Simpson_Manch_Tulip3.jpg

they responded to the first couple of emails and then stopped. I'm mainly curious to know if it will eventually show up or if it's lost. The tracking info is worthless. At what point is something wrong? And might it just show up without the tracking info being updated, or will that be updated? Thanks for any insights..,,

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I'd give it until the middle of February. Shipping from Simpson can be slow, but from past threads on this same problem, they always get there, and if they don't, Simpson will make it right.

Unfortunately, in my experience, I have to say that ordering from Europe has become a crapshoot and I think the problem is on this side. A few years ago, CD's and DVD's from England & Germany would take a week. Two years ago, delivery time increased to 2-3 weeks. Twice in the last 6 months, my mailman found UK orders in a return bin at the post office. He pulled them out and delivered them anyway (I tip good at Christmas). My mailman had no idea why they were binned for return, but as a result I have become hesitant to order anything from Europe. Recently I paid a premium to order MdC from the US rather than take a chance ordering direct from France.

Incidentally, the last brush I special-ordered direct from Simpsons, 4-5 years back, took 8 days.

I posted this in another thread I started, but it got buried deep within another forum for some reason and I didn't think it'd get read, so I thought I'd try here.
***********************************************************************************************
So, I ordered directly from Simpsons on January 3rd and still haven't received the brush. The shipping information I requested and received has no updates since January 5th when it says it's en route to Chicago O'Hare. It is linked to tracking in via USPS as well, but it only says the information (that something would be shipped) was received from Great Britain. Nothing else. I've reached out to Simpsons via email a few times and they haven't been very helpful. At what point do I just refute the CC charge for never receiving the merchandise? Over three weeks now. I'm in Texas...

If you put the tracking number in the USPS tracking system it just says that something is being shipped from England?

My CH2S was stuck in customs for 10-12 days if I remember correctly. That should be shown in the tracking though.

USPS Tracking®

Still Have Questions?

Browse our FAQs ›

proxy.php
Get Easy Tracking Updates ›Sign up for My USPS.

Only applicable to visual users.
Tracking Number: RS183329917GB
proxy.php

pre-shipment

Product & Tracking Information

Postal Product:

Features:

• Registered Mail™

DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM
We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

January 6, 2017 , 4:06 am
Processed Through Facility
LANGLEY HWDC, UNITED KINGDOM
January 5, 2017 , 6:13 pm
Acceptance
UNITED KINGDOM

I'd recommend using Royal Mail tracking, you can see if it's left the UK, my experience was that it leaves the UK and is not tracked after that, I'm in Western Canada and it took 3.5-4 weeks to get my last one, be patient, good things come to those who wait

My recent experience with these brushes indicates they should be able to follow a trail of ejected hairs to find your brush. No worries!

I purchased several Simpson brushes from their website in Nov/Dec. They all shipped from Spain and took at least 3 weeks to get to Canada.

Not to change the direction of this thread, .... but here in the USA, Jared at Superior Shave has the full line of Simpson's brushes.
His website is incredibly detailed, with photos and descriptions of each individual brush, and the price listed includes shipping.
I have no affiliation with him, other than being a very happy customer.$IMG_1734.jpg

Not to change the direction of this thread, .... but here in the USA, Jared at Superior Shave has the full line of Simpson's brushes.
His website is incredibly detailed, with photos and descriptions of each individual brush, and the price listed includes shipping.
I have no affiliation with him, other than being a very happy customer.View attachment 719836

I haven't spring for a simpsons brush, but I have also ordered many times from Jared. He is an excellent vendor. Shipping has always been very fast.

I own and use only one brush - every day for nearly two years now - a Simpson Berkeley in best badger. It's quality and performance are excellent. It loses a hair maybe once every 3 months or so.

Your brush will arrive soon, share some pics when it arrives.

I've ordered three brushes directly from Simpsons and in each case I have been very pleased with the transaction. Granted, shipping is slower but I received each brush within a couple of weeks. I also liked the fact they included a balm or pre shave in the package.

Top Bottom