What's new

Silly Question?

So, I've been considering getting a Gem Micromatic, since it seems like people like them and it looks gorgeous, but where would I find single edge blades for it? I've loved my Merkur HD for the past year and a half, but I want to take the plunge into something new.

I just got these and they are very good. I'll send you a couple if you want. I'm not the only fan; look through some of the posts in the Razor Blade forum to find other members who like them.

So, I've been considering getting a Gem Micromatic, since it seems like people like them and it looks gorgeous, but where would I find single edge blades for it? I've loved my Merkur HD for the past year and a half, but I want to take the plunge into something new.

There is no problem getting SE blades. I get mine from Walgreen's. But I hope you realize there is a huge difference in aggressiveness between the HD and the open comb Micromatic. You should look at the 1912 Gem first and if you like it you can experiment with the Micromatic. It's one of the few, or the only, razors I won't try again.

Len

Yeah, I did some more poking around and I think that the 1912 is probably a better way to go for starting out. I'm going to wait until after the holidays to get it, but thanks for the help and I'll let you guys know what I think when I give it a shot.

Top Bottom