What's new

Show your film cameras

Only one left in service is my Nikon N60 cheapie SLR. Its a good solid camera, but weighs much less than my '72 FN. I have been considering dragging out a couple of the bellows cameras, or even the 8mm film just for grins and giggles.

-X

Legion

Staff member
I have, ahem... lots of film cameras. These are the only two I haven't put into storage, though.

proxy.php

I don't have pics of them at the moment, but I own a Nikon F2 (with the metered prism), Canon F-1, A-1 and FTB. I've been shooting a lot with the F1 since FD lenses are so cheap now.

I've been looking to pick up a MF camera, and am really eyeing a Mamiya RB67.

My OM-10 I picked up a few months back. I shot one roll of film with it but haven't developed it yet to check for leaks or anything else. Only paid about $50 for it. I want to get an OM-2 from Ebay.

proxy.php

I have these 2- very different from one another but both enjoyable in their own ways...

proxy.php

proxy.php

I'm shooting a 503 but I never use the mechanical winder; I have the 50, an 80, and a 120 for my lens set.

$korona810.jpg 8x10 Gundlach
$korona.jpg4x5 Korona
$realist.jpgStereo Realist (35mm)
$rb67.jpgMamiya RB67 (6cm x 9cm)

My darkroom is still in the process of being rebuilt in a new, larger location to allow room for both my enlargers (6x9 and 4x5) as well as a larger sink and contact printing station.

- Randy

Nice Gundlach Randy. I owned a 4x5 version with a Wollensack lens several years ago.

And I have many fond memories of the RB as it was the first 6x7 camera I shot with.
I'd constantly forget to advance the film magazine. I was very happy when I got my
hands on a RZ and didn't have to worry about winding the mag and double
exposing the film.

Geeze guys, y'all are makin me crave a medium format film camera! At the very least I want a new 35mm, since my FM, and my mothers FG have shown signs of being on their last leg, and my N60 was never really a great camera, just a back up.

Any suggestions for an entry level medium format camera? Maybe 120 roll, or (as if such a thing exists) an inexpensive option. I don't know much about it, so something I can send off for processing would be ideal to start.

-Xander

Geeze guys, y'all are makin me crave a medium format film camera! At the very least I want a new 35mm, since my FM, and my mothers FG have shown signs of being on their last leg, and my N60 was never really a great camera, just a back up.

Any suggestions for an entry level medium format camera? Maybe 120 roll, or (as if such a thing exists) an inexpensive option. I don't know much about it, so something I can send off for processing would be ideal to start.

-Xander
Entry level medium format is usually some form of twin lens. Google, Yashica, and you should be able to find several affordable models.

Entry level medium format is usually some form of twin lens. Google, Yashica, and you should be able to find several affordable models.

+1

The Yashica Mat 124 G shown in my image above shoots both 120 and 220. I paid around $175 for mine. There are several on the bay.

If you want a really cheap one to play with there is the Lubitel 166.

Last edited:
+1

The Yashica Mat 124 G shown in my image above shoots both 120 and 220. I paid around $175 for mine. There are several on the bay.

Looks like the prices for the 124G have went up since the last time I looked (it's been a while). I've always wanted one to play with. Curious what film you prefer to use and how accurate the meter is on them?

Alas all I have is my old Pentax MESuper which doesn't even live in the same universe as all of these fine pieces of gear.

+1

Thnx for that info! But i completely forgot about this little guy i had stashed away...

proxy.php

proxy.php

A Kodak Tourist (1948-51) that takes 620 roll film. It has the basic lens so it is not much more than a box camera, but it should be a fun litte project to start with to learn the ropes. I just need to find a reasonable place to develope the film now. I used to send a lot of stuff to Seattle Filmworks, but I don't know if they still do 120 roll.

And that's my Bell & Howell Electric Eye super 8 film camera with all original manuals and paperwork and filters.

-Xander

Top Bottom