What's new

Show Us Your Modded Vostok Amphibias

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The wait for the new Scuba Dude is killing me!

It's swimming here from Russia; I guess two weeks isn't that long for such a swim ...

full

AA

The wait for the new Scuba Dude is killing me!

It's swimming here from Russia; I guess two weeks isn't that long for such a swim ...

full

AA
You'll enjoy it all the more when you put it on your wrist - it will make the wait worthwhile
That's a cool looking Amphibia :thumbsup:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
You'll enjoy it all the more when you put it on your wrist - it will make the wait worthwhile
That's a cool looking Amphibia :thumbsup:

As you know, the fuggly bezels and funky bracelets make a pick hard. This one, at least, I can wear out of the box. The bezel-face combo choices get complicated; way too many numbers. Wanted simple and clean.

Curious how good the Russki rubber watchband is. "Built like truck tire, yes?"

Actually should be here later this week.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It's in town, according to tracking ... Perhaps a photo later!

My current Amfibia loses about 5 seconds a day, be interesting to see how this one compares.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Arrived today! Happy to see the "made on date" was end of November '16 - so it's two months old/brand new!

The Russki rubber band is really cool; durable, soft (silicone?), artsy perforated holes.

Also really liking the simple face; lots of Vostoks are "busy" looking.

It's my second from the "Z-man", swear he's the best vendor. I'll get some photos up soon.

AA

20170221_231520.jpg
Vostok Komandirskie 211398 with replacement bezel from some place in Louisiana and a leather (gator embossed) Kreisler replacement band. I like it a lot. Keeps great time. Sorry for the oversized pic.

Last edited:
Just "updated" my collection..............

420 "Luminous Dot" Bezel
Generic 18mm Faux Leather Bund Strap - Brand new, but softening up and moulding nicely to the shape of my wrist

100 Bezel
Generic 19mm Leather Military Style Cuff Strap - Hooded lugs hide the gaps

100 Bezel
Generic 22mm Engineer Bracelet - Heavy and feels as tough as a caterpillar track

710 "Scuba Dude"
Stock Bezel
Generic 22mm "Ploprof Style" Sharkmesh Bracelet - Very comfortable, surprisingly lightweight

20170902_143340.jpg

20170902_143240.jpg

20170902_143443.jpg

20170902_143412.jpg

I love Russian watches had a few Amphibias but found them a little too small for my wrist, I now have a Vostok Komandirskie K39 .... love it :D

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Going to necro-post - but if any of the old Scooba Doods are around, can you point me to solid sources for cheap (you don't buy a Russian to replace the GMT II) SS bands? I just got a Komandirskie "kermit" that has a better band than than the first two but still could use an upgrade .. and the extra band I had from before doesn't fit, this is a 20mm lug size. Thanks

proxy.php

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Going to necro-post - but if any of the old Scooba Doods are around, can you point me to solid sources for cheap (you don't buy a Russian to replace the GMT II) SS bands? I just got a Komandirskie "kermit" that has a better band than than the first two but still could use an upgrade .. and the extra band I had from before doesn't fit, this is a 20mm lug size. Thanks

proxy.php
Nice thread bump. Hopefully someone who knows what they are talking about (unlike me) will be around soon.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Hey Owen, I got interested in these because of this thread, so felt it wasn't terribly bad form to ask for some tips, the ones I bought two years ago actually run pretty well once I opened them up and regulated them. Just the bezels and bracelets are trash

Top Bottom