What's new

Shaving Cream Acquisitions

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Got a package from Valencia today...

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 4.05.50 PM.png

Apologies for the blurry pic... Alvarez Gomez Barberia Shaving Cream along with some aftershave

BTW, Giftsandcare is a very nice seller to do business with.

After seeing dozens of Geo Fatboy youtubes, I finally caved and purchased some TOBS Sandalwood. Nice stuff...not spectacular.

This week while traveling I used T&H Grafton. I found that a bit better.

Incoming - Baume.Be

IMG_9892.JPG
Picked this up in a small market in Porto. €1.19. It was next to the Palmolive cream for €1.59. It performed just as well as Palmolive. The scent is similar to Bea/Lea. Fresh and clean. Better stuff coming.

Got myself a new tub of penhaligons Blenheim bouquet shaving cream during their sale. :)

Another recent acquisition which has become my almost daily use cream is the pall mall barbers sandalwood and clove shave cream. Lathers up great

Bought a tube of Proraso White at my barber yesterday and shaved with it today for the first time. Fantastic cream! Proraso Green is still my favourite, but good when im not in the mood for a cooling sensation.

I recently picked up the RR Don Donato(for a cheap fix)lol solid but nothing spectacular.

I was privileged enough to get an Oleo Barbershop sample from the Chicago meet up, awesome stuff!

I also just ordered Truefitt & Hill 1805 20 mins ago. It was 49% off so $15 for the 6.7 oz tub on jet.com. I love the scent but could never pull the trigger at regular price for 15 I couldn't pass it up.

Last year on our annual trek across the border to La Belle France, I picked up this tube of cream on a whim. I usually pick up a few tubs of Mon Savon Bol a Raser and grabbed this on a whim.
Since it's almost time for the annual pilgrimage, I thought I should try it to see if I wanted more.
The package has French and Dutch labeling and is made/distributed by Unilever. Their webpage cites the origins of Williams in the States in 1840 and its introduction to France in 1952.

Not as slick as the Williams puck but a heck of lot easier to create lather with. Scent is different as well. But a great shave nevertheless.

Has anyone ever seen this in CONUS?

IMG_0570.JPG
IMG_0574.JPG

Haven't seen any Williams cream in the States, but I've picked up the large tubes if Williams Ice Blue in Barcelona and Porto. Very good cream and cheap. Comes in the largest tube I've seen.

Truefitt and Hill moved to the top of my list. Expensive but I am worth it. I really like their product line. St. James is second.

Just purchased the AOS Oud shaving cream. It has probably dethroned Sandalwood as AOS's best scent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just received Trumper's coconut. It's wonderful. Lots of cushion and the scent is the best.
It is truly one of the best creams out there. Every time I use it, I wonder why I bother with anything else. I could easily ditch the rest of my soaps and creams and just simplify down to a few select cream brushes, and a tub of Coconut. Enjoy your new cream.

Top Bottom