What's new

Shaved for the first time with the Art of Shaving Sandalwood.....

The scent is fantastic but not as good as TOBS and the performance was ok. I followed it up with Stirling Sandalwood aftershave which matched perfectly. The scent is really, really great on the cream and aftershave!!!

Performance is just ok? That is surprising. I've been enjoying their lemon and oud creams, and have found their performance top notch, second to none.

Performance is just ok? That is surprising. I've been enjoying their lemon and oud creams, and have found their performance top notch, second to none.

Let me clarify. Perforance was ok as compared to some other stellar creams I have been using like Castle Forbes Lavender, Castle Forbes Lime, Trumper's Coconut Oil, Musgo, Jack Black Sumpreme Cream, TOBS Peppermint.

AOS sandalwood shave cream is second to none!

proxy.php

So TOBS over AOS?
I love The discontinued Sandal wood cologne. I have a sealed bottle waiting for the right time.

Yes, I like TOBS a little better. The scent is more complex and more of a Barbershop style to me and the lather is thicker and more creamy. AOS scent is sweeter and more vanilla. It is a lovely scent just different that TOBS. I think the scent of AOS is stronger and last longer. They both are good!!

Yes, I like TOBS a little better. The scent is more complex and more of a Barbershop style to me and the lather is thicker and more creamy. AOS scent is sweeter and more vanilla. It is a lovely scent just different that TOBS. I think the scent of AOS is stronger and last longer. They both are good!!

Thanks,

As much as I like AOS, I kind of fell out of love for them when Gillette picked them up.

I'll buy the TOBS this month.

DP

Thanks,

As much as I like AOS, I kind of fell out of love for them when Gillette picked them up.

I'll buy the TOBS this month.

DP

If you haven't tried TOBS Sandalwood it is a all-time classic and got me and many others into wet shaving. It should be in everyone's rotation. Enjoy!

TOBS Sandalwood is a regular in my rotation and one of my favs. But so is AOS Sandalwood, which was the first classic shave cream I tried. I find they. Oth perform the same, meaning top notch and tons of slick lather. But I think the AOS scent is better and smells more like sandalwood than the TOBS. That being said, TOBS is the only cream, or soap for that matter, that I have finished an entire tub. I'd say that says something.

Im a fan of AoS for sure. I cried when I learned they had discontinued the Lemon but found 2 doses of it online and intend on keeping them. Ive got the Sandelwood here that I use and its a great cream also.

Top Bottom