What's new

SHARK WEEK 2019!!

Swam with the SS shark again this morning. Really nice shave and no blood or little bites, but as I posted previously the SC was the best performing blade of the three Sharks for me.
Thanks to Big J for getting Shark Week off and having us all in Sharks for the week!
A big thank you goes out to @muzichead for sending me three flavors of Shark blades - Platinum, Super Chrome & Super Stainless as I had none for Shark Week!
The SC blades impressed me so much I just ordered 100!
Best thing was not needing a shark cage all week - YMMV.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Shark week is history. I made it in just under the wire. Shave number 4 was completely without blood, and this time I shaved off about the equivalent of 5 days worth of whiskers on my chin. I have used the Super Chrome exclusively, as that is all I have. I probably won't use it again til next year at this time, or unless I lose a bet, but I think I could put up with it for an extended period of time if I had to.

I used my birth quarter (H2) Gillette Tech, and of course, that soap that Zeus brought us, Arko, since I'm in Arko August.

I followed it all up with a mix of Brut and vintage Avon Tai Winds. Three pass BBS. Thanks @BigJ for wrangling us yahoos this year. Lord willing, count me in for 2020!

Shark week is history. I made it in just under the wire. Shave number 4 was completely without blood, and this time I shaved off about the equivalent of 5 days worth of whiskers on my chin. I have used the Super Chrome exclusively, as that is all I have. I probably won't use it again til next year at this time, or unless I lose a bet, but I think I could put up with it for an extended period of time if I had to.

I used my birth quarter (H2) Gillette Tech, and of course, that soap that Zeus brought us, Arko, since I'm in Arko August.

I followed it all up with a mix of Brut and vintage Avon Tai Winds. Three pass BBS. Thanks @BigJ for wrangling us yahoos this year. Lord willing, count me in for 2020!

Congratulations!! You survived! :a29:

I Love SHARK WEEK!! Thank you, @BigJ, for a fun swim!!

Skipped yesterday due to a nice day and plenty of yard work, but had my make up shave this morning. I was going to put in a new blade but decided to try one more shave due to several comments about the SC getting smoother. Should have gone with my gut!! Rough shave #4 on my 2nd SC blade; no blood but not comfortable either!! This tuck of SC's has really come up short for me!! Next year, I'm going with Shark SS blades!!

You survived. the swim, that’s the main thing!! :a29:

Great point! I find that Lord has considerable variation from batch to batch!!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Yes, thank you @BigJ for keeping Shark week interesting each year. My second year and blood was spilled in both years. It seems that I only use these blades for Shark week and I still have over 50 of each type of Shark Blade in my Blade arsenal. I’m in for Shark week for many a year to come.

Yes, thank you @BigJ for keeping Shark week interesting each year. My second year and blood was spilled in both years. It seems that I only use these blades for Shark week and I still have over 50 of each type of Shark Blade in my Blade arsenal. I’m in for Shark week for many a year to come.

Thanks, Shark Week was fun!!

Looks like you need to live a long time!! :a14::a14:

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Thanks for running Shark Week 2019, Big J. Happy to say I emerged with no nicks, cuts or irritation . . . and a new respect for Shark Blades. (Not enough respect to buy 100 of the damn things, mind you, but more than enough to sign on for Shark Week 2020.)

Yep, Shark week was fun for me as well. Please don't do an Mdc week as I cannot afford it.! :wink1: :yikes:

Thanks for running Shark Week 2019, Big J. Happy to say I emerged with no nicks, cuts or irritation . . . and a new respect for Shark Blades. (Not enough respect to buy 100 of the damn things, mind you, but more than enough to sign on for Shark Week 2020.)

THANKS GUYS!! :a29:

Sharks are great blades for the $, but I have to be careful as they can BITE!!

(PS I have no plans for MdC as I am considering joining the 2020 Year with Haslinger’s!)

Top Bottom